1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastone Capture, Shareware no more???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by FredBun, Jun 13, 2008.

1. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I used fastone a while back, I found it very easy to use especially when you are not comp. savy like myself, now its a 30 day trial version only, or is there a download somewhere that you can still obtain for free. Would appreciate any info.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

What are wanting to capture? Screenshot of active window or just various stuff? You can capture a screenshot of the active window with nothing more than windows by pressing Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen, then open Paint or what ever you use as a gfx editor and Ctrl+V to paste the image.

I don't use a capture tool anymore, just the keyboard shortcuts but I used to use Gadwin printscreen...

http://gadwin.com/

EDIT: Old version of FastStone Capture three from the top of the page ~ http://www.portablefreeware.com/?sc=184

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  3. FredBun

FredBun Active member

LOCOENG, You know I don't think I ever used this forum meaning all topic, when I saw it I said to myself wow, there are a miliion post's here, I might get an answer by 2010 or not at all lol, anyway I'm glad I gave it a shot.

I tried the window thingy with the ctrl, alt, etc. it didnt work for me but no matter, cause I used the link for the older version of fastone as you said and the download was fine and I do not get the pay-up or get off logo anymore, and if it's an older version like you said, I don't care cause I really don't get into any fancy stuff not cause I don't want to just don't know how, so again this download is all I need, mostly I would want to capture a certain portion of a page or once in a while my welcome screen etc.

I want to thank you so much in getting back to me so quick, AD comes thru again plus your a familiar figure to me anyway, I have been around for a while with AD but I don't post much unless I can give advise or teach which is seldom with computers, but I read several posts daily always have, without the reads I would have never figured out on how to run this pc contraction, from AD I pick up enough kmowledge to get me by and if I get stuck I ask, so again, I can't thank you or anybody else enough that offers help, I got my fastone back and I'm happy as a pig eating s%#t.

4. Stonebow

Stonebow Member

5. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Thanks Stonebow, but locoeng has already supplied me with that version from the link he provided, and I thank you both kindly.

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Glad to help out Fred...cheers