1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia E51 bluetooth 'echo' Garmin Nuvi 760

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by Evastar, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Hi, have bought a Garmin Nuvi 760 sat nav and was hoping to use it to make Bluetooth calls, but when I connect the Nokia E51 and ring someone there's terrible echo on their end. I can hear fine. I also tried a Nokia 5310 and it's the same. Halfords tried it with one of their staff's phones and it worked fine. They rang Garmin and garmin said to update the software on the sat nav on their website (even though it's a brand new unit only got it yesterday) and have done all that but it's no better. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

2. moggser

moggser Regular member

eva im not sure but try the volume on it from the phone first then the sat nav and see if that helps it sounds like a feed back issue maybe im not sure as i dont have that one you have but i know some one with similar one ill try see what he says?

3. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Thanks moggs, no it's not the volume we tried all that, it seems to be a software compatibility issue - you'd think when you buy a phone with bluetooth and a sat nav with bluetooth that they'd just work together but apparently not.

4. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Finally got sat nav sorted. None of the Garmins work with any of our phones, that's Nokia E51, Nokia Xpress Music 5310, Sony Ericsson K610i, Sony Ericsson W610i.

The bluetooth on the tom-tom sat nav works perfectly with all the above, so had to get a refund and buy a tom tom instead.