1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox flashing step by step.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by HiTeck, Jun 16, 2008.

1. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Cables needed to flash your Eurov0x.

If you have a PC/Laptop with a 9 pin serial socket then all you need is a Null Modem Cable, see pic below.

[​IMG]

If you have a PC/Laptop that doesn't have the 9 pin serial socket you will need a Null Modem Cable and a USB adapter, See pic below.

[​IMG]

Null Modem Com/Port setup Tutorial

USB DB9 device coms/ports set up.

Note:

Some people experience difficulties with the USB adapter, most of the time it is purely a port assignment problem. To rectify this make sure you have downloaded your driver and follow below to assign a port:

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
    2. Right click on "My Computer"
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    5. Click on "Device Manager"
    6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
    8. Go back to loader, (UFL, dnupman, voxer) and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
    9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your USB Adapter (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.

Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

This is based on Windows XP. Vista differs slightly in regards to device manager but the principle remains the same once you have a compatible device driver.

And if you are still having problems with the USB adapter then its time to get a serial PCI card.

If you have a PC and you are struggling with the usb adapter or you have Vista like me you could install a PCI serial card which is easily added to you PC and with this all you need is the null modem cable which gives you a direct link from your box to the pc.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

How to put the firmw@re onto your box.

1. Connect your Eurov0x unit to your PC using the Null modem serial cable as shown above in the other post.

2. Plug in the power cord on the Eurov0x unit and wait until (----) appears on the front display. If it has been flashed before you will see 4 digits instead, leave your Eurov0x on standby.

3. On your PC/Laptop Run the UFL Eurovox program which you downloaded in the post above.

[​IMG]

3a (Optional recommended step to save you time) Press the Upload button to save your channel set up favorites etc as they currently are, Save this to a folder on your PC for use later.

4.Click on the 'download' button then wait until you see the following and click start.

[​IMG]

If you do not see this – check your connections between pc & Eurov0x, also if you get the message system reset, turn your box off at the mains, hit the download button then plug your box in, (this may require a few attemps).

5. Now download will start and you will see the following,

[​IMG]

Eurov0x unit will now show dnld flashing on the front display.

6. After the above window – the following will display

[​IMG]

7, When all is finished the following will display,

[​IMG]

Now your box is done,

If you did the optional step at 3a, then using the UFL click browse to where you saved your file (CDF file) and click download in the lower box on the Kuro program, and it will reload your favorites etc as you originally had them, if you didn't save your CDF you will have to rescan your box using the powerscan method which is explained below ;)

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  3. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Guide removed,

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  4. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Guide removed,

5. asad786

asad786 Member

Thanks to celtic71 for this post.

Problems with your PC/Laptop not recognising your eurovox.

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
    2. Right click on "My Computer"
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    5. Click on "Device Manager"
    6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
    8. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
    9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

If you need drivers go here

http://www.gilsson.com/usb_drivers_download.htm

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your USB Adapter (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
    Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  6. SG8

SG8 Active member

Nice work HiTeck!, don't know how I didn't see if before now.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Now you two boys need to amalgamate both guides and we can link all to them ;) Good work on both counts folks.

8. asad786

asad786 Member

lol, Seriously this guide is awesome, it's simplicity, allows an alien to update the box!, If there is any updates to the firmware, all can be done is that the links can be replaced with the updated one.

Thanks HiTech
    This forum is offically high tech lol, i was worried that i might mess up the box and my dad might kill me lol, but the end result was rather suprising and enjoyable!

Thanks once again!

9. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Thanks to everyone for the comments! :) but all the info in this thread has been gathered from you folks and put in one place so a big thanks to you also.

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

So you robbed it :)

11. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Robbed then tweaked a little :)

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

well done HiTeck wanted to do something like this but never got round to it excellent guide.[​IMG]

13. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Good stuff hiTeck, Excellent guide.

14. malci

malci Guest

Yes - congrats on a really great job well done - the information collated in one place is brilliant - can direct with a link with regards to the Eurovox updating problems/advice.

15. demojohn

demojohn Member

Hi,
    My box is similar to the black maxV, but has a light gray banner across the top with EUROVOX, on it and 2008 MaxV across the bottom in black.
    Is this Genuine and sould I use the black box software. D.J.

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If it say 2008 Max V then yes. Where did you purchase it?

17. demojohn

demojohn Member

***removed by loco***
    How do I put a Picture on here.D.J.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Strange is that no a repair service? Maybe you have bought a reconditioned one or even worse? Put a link up of the picture you are trying to post and I will sort it for you.

19. demojohn

demojohn Member

-------------------------------------------------
    How do I Put a link up of the picture its on my desktop,sorry im new to this, can you explane please. D.J.

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Right click the image on your desktop, select properties, copy and paste it to here. BTW what did LOCO remove, (and no please dont post it again), hope you didnt post your email addy?