1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamb won't accept my .h264 file for muxing

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by billyuno, Jun 22, 2008.

1. billyuno

billyuno Member

I've been trying to get an .mkv file to work on my xbox 360, and I've been following the guide I found on this site which says to use YAMB to re-mux the audio mp4 and the .h264 video file.

However when I try to add the .h264 file to the YAMB input section it thinks for a few second then does nothing. It won't add the file to the list.

I've done everything else correctly from the guide, as nearly as I can tell, and I had to install Avisynth in order to make MeGui work right.

Can anyone tell me what it might be that I'm doing wrong, or what I might need to install or fix to make this work?

Thanks
    Billy

2. psypc2

psypc2 Member

I seem to have the same problem :(

3. AndrewVee

AndrewVee Member

Same here, no luck at all

4. psypc2

psypc2 Member

All went well until this part it is so anoying :(

5. harshghai

harshghai Member

i'm having a completey diferent issue. When i remux files and change the extension to .avi, it works perfectly in windows media but not on my xbox. Then when i split the file with yamb, the LAST file it splits out ALWAYS works on Xbox, however none of the previous ones work. The best i can do is watch the second half of the movie.

The error im getting is that the file may be corrupt and a new codec needs to be downloaded. however, the files that do work on my xbox are exactly the same. I've even tried splitting it down extremely small. any solutions?

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Use AviDemux and re-save the prats of the AVI that don't work.