1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fraps audio skipping

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by slsgrndr, Jun 24, 2008.

1. slsgrndr

slsgrndr Member

Hi,

i have fraps 2.9.4 installed and i was recording my bf2142 session but everytime i play the file back in windows movie maker (vlc and wmp both quit trying to play this file) the audio keeps skipping and it is muffled...how do i fix this???

2. corn

corn Guest

What FPS rate are you recording at? Also, how long is the recording? FRAPS seems to pop out very large files. I remember trying to record some WoW PVP, and the file ended up to be about 4 gigs or something.

3. slsgrndr

slsgrndr Member

i m recording at 60 fps half-size...the files automatically cut out at 4 gig chunks...i record all my bf2142 sessions so its recording every instance i am playing...i am running xp pro and i haven't had this prob in vista at all. infact i downgraded this very machine from vista to xp just so i can record with fraps...

4. slsgrndr

slsgrndr Member

anybody?

5. slsgrndr

slsgrndr Member

I also noticed that my audio is lagging, so again if anybody can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it...

6. corn

corn Guest

FRAPS saves the files in uncompressed AVI. So you will need to compress them, (convert to DivX/XviD, or another format). I don't know if this is a sure fire way, but lets give it a shot.

Here is a free converter:
    http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    You can choose a whole bunch of different formats to convert into, and change audio format and such.

Report back, let us know how it works.