1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abit ix38 mobo

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by phenley, Jul 1, 2008.

1. phenley

phenley Member

hi guys and gals got a bit (no pun intended) of a problem my brother has just got a Abit (pun he he) ix38 mobo i asked him to wait for me to talk him thought the install of it but no he tryed to do it on his own he said to me when he installed the chipset drivers he lost his dvdrw i told him what to do instead he desided to Flash his bios which then his system crashed/hung he is saying and he just holded down the power but and turned it off now he is getting a C1 error on the post led display on his mobo which from the manual states that is a memory issue but he has no display as well am thinking it could be that his bios is fooked but how can he recover them when he has no display on his tv

so the issues are - C1 error on post indicator and no Display coming up on his tv w/ ABIT IX38 motherboard

the only thing i could think of is to get the Bios chip replaced any other ideas? cheers guys and gal

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hmm, flashing a mobo BIOS is always risking. Have you tried clearing the CMOS? You do this by taking out the battery in the motherboard and then connecting the two metal things in the empty socket where the battery was with something metal(a screw driver). Or just leave the battery out, and unplug your computer, press the power button. Wait 5 mins and then put the battery back in and plug it in and power it on.

See if this helps. If not you probably screwed up your mobo, and need to send it to ABIT for replacement. Also try using RAM from another computer, because if it says it's a RAM problem, them maybe IT IS a RAM problem lol.

Oh and use punctuation next time. It makes it much easier to understand you ;)