AfterDawn Forums

PS2 games take FOREVER to load... help plz

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

creamsoda Suspended due non-functional email address
ok, I was playing a backup copy of Resident Evil 4. Everything was goin fine, then 20-30 minutes later, the game was loading a screen.. and it kept loading! I waited for a long time, then I just ejected the game. but now my PS2 is doing the same thing for all of my other PS2 games!

I tried putting in some other PS2 games, it would boot up the Playstation 2 logo, and would check for memory card and even show the intro videos and menus.. but once I click on "start game", it would take FOREVER to load, wtf is goin on?

It only does this for my PS2 games that need a load screen. Games that don't have load screens seem to work fine. All of my PSX games seem to work fine too..

I think I fucked up my laser or something :( cuz it seems to only happen with games that have intense graphics.
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
How old (what model) is your PS2? Cause to me it sounds like the laser is on the way out.
Also, when you said "other PS2 games" take ages to load, are these originals or backups?

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.