AfterDawn Forums

Green Light Black Screen? Is my PSP Dead?

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

When I turn it on it just has the green light come on but stays on the black screen like it is not even on. Then I cannot turn it off. Happens both when I have the battery in it and also if I take out the battery and just use the PSU. And the only way to turn it off is to take out the battery or unplug the PSU depending on which I'm using. The PSP had been modded but don't remember the exact CFW it had and it had been working without any problems till one day when I went to turn it on and all I got was the green light and black screen

Is it dead or can it be recovered somehow?

Gimme Gimme CivII, Diablo, ChronoCross any of the FFantasy's and other cool PS1 games for my PSP!
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
fresh48 Suspended due non-functional email address
u psp most be bricked, try to use pandoras battery
check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTKNV8N5eaY
ok
Originally posted by fresh48:
u psp most be bricked, try to use pandoras battery
check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTKNV8N5eaY
ok
So a modded PSP can work fine one day and be bricked the next?.....I assumed that it can only be bricked during the modding process.....because I had no problems using it for about a month or so before it crapped out on me

Gimme Gimme CivII, Diablo, ChronoCross any of the FFantasy's and other cool PS1 games for my PSP!
i am trying to fix a friewnds who had a same thing happen...I have tried the universal unbricker unsuccesfully
try a new battery. does it work when u plug it into the wall unit? and does the green light automatically come on when a battery is inserted?
i have his Pandoras and mine plus a regular battery and wall charger and nothing helps...this is not a power issue..more of a brick issue
Originally posted by cac:
try a new battery. does it work when u plug it into the wall unit? and does the green light automatically come on when a battery is inserted?
When I use either of the two batteries in the system, it appears to turn on as the green light does illuminate, however I do not get anything except a black screen as if it were not turned on. Then when I go to turn it off, it will not power off - green light stays illuminated. Then I have to physically remove the battery (either one) to get it to power off

Same thing if I use the PSU. It will give the green light and just the black screen. And I have to physically disconnect the PSU to get it to power off where the green light is not illuminated

Could that mean that it is bricked or am I as they say "S.O.L"?

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.