AfterDawn Forums

Downgrade 4.05 firmware

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Kahoho Suspended due non-functional email address
Newbie here!!!
How can i use homebrew games to work on my psp v4.05?
Need detailed help please.
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Change your thread title to " Downgrade 4.05 firmware".

You need to get a custom firmware to run homebrew.

To downgrade (and get a custom firmware) or unbrick your PSP, u need the Pandora's Battery. There is three ways to get the Pandora Battery.

1. Find a someone who has a Custom Firmware that is willing to let you borrow their psp. You will use their psp to softmod the battery. Meaning using software to make the Pandora. If you willing to do this, follow this guide:
GUIDE

2. Hardmod the battery. Meaning that you have to open that battery up, and pulling out a pin. Note that if you pull the wrong one, your battery would be messed. If you are willing to do this, follow this guide
GUIDE

3. The most safest way, is to buy the DATEL tool battery. It is already a premade pandora battery. If so, follow this guide or use the same guide on the second step.
GUIDE

Dude...Don't even help people like this next time. You work way too hard here :). I don't think they deserve it. It's not being mean, it's just stopping the overflow of people asking the same repetitive question...
Or, if you want to help, direct them to a Pandora guide...
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Jul 2008 @ 13:24

Does anorexia induce constipation?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ive become so paranoid, that Im paranoid about my paranoia....
Kahoho Suspended due non-functional email address
thanks mrgooey! had it successfully downgraded to 3.71 m33...tried downloading games and still can't play it. What else do i need to do?
are you putting them in the iso folder?

x:/iso/isoandcsofileshere.iso where x is the psp drive

DERP DERP
also make sure the settings in recovery menu (Plain modules in UMD/ISO and Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO are both disabled.
Oh, and remember that your Configuration should be 3.71 kernel.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.