1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pgcedit menu button edit

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by nirod, Jul 22, 2008.

1. nirod

nirod Member

Hello, newbie here. (Looked thru pgcedit guides, searched forum. What I found I could not make work. Tried ifoedit, etc. Have spent many hours already)

I have split a dvd into more chapters for easier searches using VobBlanker. Worked fine before but this dvd has menus every once in awhile that have buttons to either continue or go back to main menu.

Problem: The buttons on these menus now direct to wrong chapters due to new chapter numbers.

The information on these buttons that pgcedit shows is different than guide examples so it is confusing.

What I am hoping for is a simple step by step way using pgcedit to change buttons to point to the new chapter location. Something a newbie can use. Kind of like a 'dummies' guide. What I want is simple, just redirect buttons and I'm thinking it shouldn't be that hard?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I see this behaviour when adding new skip points and the 'Scene Selection' menu goes askew.
    FWIW I've stumbled through a procedure that I have used to fix it.
    There is probably an easier way to do this - but I cannot find the specific guide - if it exists.
    Good luck.

Menu 'Scene Selection' numbers are the same as 'Chapter Numbers' - until new chapters are added.Now the scenes no longer match the chapters.

Open the original DVD files in PGCedit.
    Find 'Title 1' in left panel and double click.
    It will build a 'Cell table' which pops up.
    Each chapter Chap.(PTT) lists a starting entry under 'Entry VOBU sector' for each listed chapter.
    Note the chapter number and sector value; OK to main menu and exit..

[​IMG]

Open the new DVD with the new added chapters from VOBblanker..
    Note the chapter numbers and sectors;OK to main menu.
    The sector numbers for the original DVD have been displaced from their original chapter.

Locate VTSM files in the left panel that list buttons, "18b" might be one.
    Highlight the file and click the 'Menu' logo on the Toolbar.
    If a DVD menu screen appears for 'Scene Selection', highlight an entry and note the 'JumpVTS' entry in the lower panel.

[​IMG]

Since the Chapter numbers were changed when the VOBblanker added the new points, the entry will possibly be pointing to the wrong chapter.
    The correct chapter is that which has the same sector number as the original.

The value can be edited by clicking on the panel below the menu screen.
    When all scene values have been changed, close the screen and find more button entries until all scenes have their new values.
    When completed, go to the main menu and save the corrections.
    Test with a media player.

Scene selection should now be correct, while chapter skipping will reflect the additions made by VOBblanker.

3. nirod

nirod Member

Hello Attar, thank you very much for your reply and posting of wonderful pics to guide thru. That has made it easy to follow.

I can very easily follow along until we get to the step of noting the 'JumpVTS entry in the lower panel'.

This is were I got stuck before because what this panel displays is something seemingly quite different than what you or other examples have shown.

I don't know how to link to a screenshot like you have, but I will write it out what I have here in my lower panel.

For the #1 button, mine says...[20 06 00 00 00 00 04 02] LinkPGN Program 2, button 1 (1024).

And when I press the 'Jump to Target' tab nothing really happens. All that happens is that the #1 menu button changes colour and the 'JumpVTS entry in the lower panel' now shows...[20 06 00 00 00 00 04 01] LinkPGN Program 1, button 1 (1024)

So I don't know what to do with that.?? I'm also confused by the fact that this menu has two basic buttons showing, one that says 'continue'and one that says 'Main Menu'. But the VTMS file for that menu lists 8b, which means 8 buttons?

If you are inclined to continue along here with me, that would be much appreciated. Perhaps this process will be of help to others someday, somewhere. Cheers.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You could also open the menu which has the chapter buttons you wish to edit. Highlight the button you wish to edit and then click on edit. This brings up the menu editor. Then you will see a long bar that says Jump to TTN 1, Chapter (whatever chapter it is). Click on that bar. It will bring up the command editor. Then at the bottom you will see Chapter (PTT). Put the new chapter number in that box and click ok and close. Save.

5. attar

attar Senior member

It doesn't sound like your on the scene selection menu, but that notwithstanding, don't press the 'Jump to Target' button, press the long bar just above it..the one the red arrow is resting upon.

6. nirod

nirod Member

Hello Dialysis 1, thank you for your post. I will post here step by step your instructions as I go, to be really clear...

1) "You could also open the menu which has the chapter buttons you wish to edit". > Done :)

2) "Highlight the button you wish to edit and then click on edit. This brings up the menu editor". Done :)

3) "Then you will see a long bar that says Jump to TTN 1, Chapter (whatever chapter it is)". Nope This is where what I have varies. My long bar says...[20 06 00 00 00 00 04 02] LinkPGN Program 2, Button 1 (1024):-(

4) "Click on that bar. It will bring up the command editor." Done

5) "Then at the bottom you will see Chapter (PTT)". Nope:-( Mine says 'Jump to Program (then a little box, which in my case shows '2', and then says...(1-99) in the current PGC, and (box with checkmark)highlight button (and slider with 1 marked)

Now, I have tried changing that program number to the chapter number the menu button should direct to, but then after saving the dvd and exciting and trying the new setup in software dvd player, the menu button does not work at all.

As you can see, very frustrating...I really would love to figure this out! Thank you.

7. nirod

nirod Member

Hello Attar,

Thank you for your post. When I do as you suggest, the command editor does comes up. Which puts me at Step 5, as you can see in my response to Dialysis 1. There you can see my dilema, at least what appears to be a dilema.

If it's actual sector numbers I should be changing, I don't see any.

This is as simple and clear as I can explain what is happening on this side. Does this make any sense to you? Thanks.

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Are you at the menu that lists the chapter buttons? You should see the picture that attar has posted.

9. nirod

nirod Member

Hello Dialysis 1, yes, using my PGCedit and opening up my own split dvd, I have the same thing just like attar posted in his second screenshot. I have the menu showing my buttons displayed. There are two menu buttons. But...the long bar still shows...LinkPGN...instead of JumpVTS.

If someone could explain to me why I don't have JumpVTS and how to get that instead?

Maybe I have to learn the process to post a screenshot here myself, so that you guys can see what I am seeing? Are there instructions somewhere on how to do that? Thank you.

10. nirod

nirod Member

Hello Attar, I'm really wondering what screen comes up for you when you press the "JumpVTS bar on your set up? Would you feel like posting a screen shot of that? Maybe I can figure out something from that...thanks.

11. nirod

nirod Member

It's ok now, no need for anyone to reply. Yaaayyyyy! I have stumbled around some more and found the answer to my question. For anyone who might have the same problem, here is the missing step.

If the panel below the screen that attar refers to in his second screen shot does not show (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1 Chapter …but shows something else, click on the panel anyways. Command Editor will pop up. Choose ‘Alphabetically’ and scroll down to JumpVTS_PTT, highlight this entry and press ‘OK’ to save. Check that the panel now reads (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump toTTN 1, Chapter … and continue with attar's instructions.

Another small detail, just in case...In the Command Editor that pops up from pressing the 'panel below the screen', to change the chapter the menu button points to.... Edit the line at the bottom of the Command Editor screen that says… Jump to TTN |box with the title number you are working in|(1-99), Chapter (PTT)|box with the chapter number the menu button is pointing at| (1-999), in the same title set (VTS)… and change that PTT to read whatever chapter you want the Menu Button on your DVD to point to.

There thats it. Now hopefully now anybody will be able to reassign their menu buttons to whatever chapter they want.

Thank you to attar and dialysis 1 for their wonderful help and examples.

12. nirod

nirod Member

Two steps forward, one step back...hours later...well what I discovered and outlined worked for the menu buttons in Title 1. But when I got to the buttons in Title 2, different story. Editing the buttons in the same way in Title 2 didn't work. They would then direct to chapters in title 1??

So, I figured, no problem, just change the TTN number in the Command Editor. When I did that, the panel below the menu screen went orange! Ah, I thought I would go ahead anyways.

Lo and behold the first menu and button in Title 2 now worked ok, but the menu and button which should point to chap 8, directs to chap 5?? What's up with that? This is driving me crazy!

13. attar

attar Senior member

I don't have any DVD's with multiple title menu's with scene selection, so I can't help there and the freeware I use only makes basic menu's.
    Try http://forum.videohelp.com/ - lots of wiseacres there.