1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally the R4 SDHC is here.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by tpm302, Jul 24, 2008.

1. tpm302

tpm302 Member

You can find the R4 SDHC compatible card on amazon.com by typing in a search for "R4 SDHC" Everyone keeps buying the old R4s and trying to put sdhc chips in them and it doesn't work, it will never work because it isn't compatible. with this new r4 you can use memory cards that go to 16gb right now, i heard rumors of 32gb, but haven't seen them for sale.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Not only is the "R4 SDHC" a fake R4, but the R4 team have stated they will be attempting to brick the DS of any person who uses a fake R4.

3. tpm302

tpm302 Member

could be fake, all this junk is made in china and china copys everything. but i don't see how they can brick anything. how? magically through the air.

4. isobelle

isobelle Member

because i SERIOUSLY need 32 gb of DS titles.

i swear my 2gb micro SD is MORE than enough space.

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Overwriting parts of the DS firmware and purposefully blowing a DS fuse are two possible methods of bricking the DS, you know those firmware updates you download? all the clones use that and if the R4 team have found a way to brick DS' using it then anyone with a clone is screwed.

(The DS lite should be safe from the firmware as it's all SL1 protected, and purposefully blowing a fuse i'm not sure is actually possible)

Of course there are much better alternatives to the R4 or fake R4s now anyway, so just avoid them altogether anyway.

6. tpm302

tpm302 Member

makes sense, i thought you meant all the R4 SDHCs are fake. The website r4sdhc.com is where the firmware comes from. So this should mean that some are real??? or the fakers have their on website and firmware. no matter what they do R4 is kind of screwed. If they brick the fakes, and people can't tell for sure which they are getting then everyone would avoid buying R4s. So it wouldn't be a good business move for them to do so. I have the regular R4 and it works great for me but I wouldn't mind a little more storage. better alternatives? N5? Edge?

7. MaryD7

MaryD7 Regular member

there are so many cards available that suppport sdhc, why risk getting a (possible fake) r4! not forget to mention r4 cost bit more. go over to www.gbatemp.com for full review... cyclods, supercard ds1, dstt, acekards, m3, etc. etc. take your pick.

8. girith

girith Member

ohh as I found the r4-sdhc on Depot888, it support 4GB/8GB MicroSDHC high speed memory card. Is it real support 16GB?

How it works? If the r4-sdhc is OK, I'll buy one. The price is are acceptable $24.99 and support SDHC

9. zaccoyne

zaccoyne Guest

ya i am over the moon with my r4sdhc works a charm and only took 2 days delivery and it was at my front door. hahaha

i got it at SPAM removed

sweet service

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
  10. doggieds

doggieds Guest

11. jojoson

jojoson Guest

i do agree...i like m3 personally

12. zaccoyne

zaccoyne Guest

i got my r4 sdhc from SPAM removed only took 3 days delivery to ireland and also supports my 8gb memory card sweet as cheap as fcuk too delighted with it

13. zaccoyne

zaccoyne Guest

i will just put up the url as link incase you want to check it out SPAM removed

14. papajohns

papajohns Guest

ya i also bought mine from http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp wicked fast delivery great little tool for anyone interested in homebrew software

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  15. ChrisJnz

ChrisJnz Member

Hey everyone i bought an r4 from kick store it took 3 months to come, lol. So i found a new site www.GameTechUK.co.uk. Bought 5 from there and they were all sdhc and worked fine, only £19.99. YAY.

16. DTN107

DTN107 Regular member

Buying R4 = Major Fail

17. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Hmmmm

Crap R4 - £19.99

Excellent M3Real - £19.50

No Contest

18. ChrisJnz

ChrisJnz Member

Hey guys i just bought a R4 sdhc from www.gametechUK.co.uk for £44.99.
    I know its not really cheap, but its a company in the uk, next day delivery is free and it came with the 4gb sandisc sd card plus the right software already installed to play the games.

It came next day and worked. so im happy.

chris

19. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Not cheap - bloody hell bit of an understatement

I paid £32 for an M3 real and an 8gb card.

20. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

What's with these people advertising the R4...hmmm...

Coincidence? lol