1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBMC problems ... I think

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Nick165, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Nick165

Nick165 Member

I recently started using XBMC and liked it than I found MC360 (Xbox 360 skin) for it and really liked it and want to make it my default dash , but that's another problem . First I was on it this morning , playing around with making a couple of profiles and changing settings so it looks even more like 360 but now I can't FTP my pc to my xbox . I think it has to do with XBMC because I FTP'd files over before I went to sleep , checked everything out and went to sleep . When I woke up is when I was adding profiles , etc . Now when I try to FTP the usual way I.E (flash fxp ran out) I get error messages ....

"Windows can not access this folder . Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access theis folder

details : The computer is disconnected from the network"

"Fttp://xbox...... is not accessible

The filename , directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Nothing on my computer end has changed that I can think of , the address was set to my homepage so that's the same . I checked my settings in my default dash , Unleash X and in XBMC and they both have the same address , name and pass xbox/xbox . So I have no idea what happened .

The other problem which isn't as important now but everytime I try to access my emulators folder on XBMC/MC360 it goes through a list, finding and naming all my emulators but frezzes at the end , ZSNES . Everything else , directories , files , music , videos , load perfectly except for the emu's .

Any help will be greatly appreciated , especially on the ftp problem .

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Your in luck, This happened to me yesterday and I figured out the problem.

After many settings, especially if you mess around with the default Microsoft Dash and Live, XBMC will fail to automatically assign an IP address to your Xbox, thus making it un-FTP-able (new word?)

I assume that you have your Xbox hooked up to a router, right? The router has 4 ports on the back, 1-4 and 4 LEDs that correspond with 1-4, lighting up when the port has a connection. You'll see that when you turn on your Computer, 1 will be lit for that but when your Xbox is on, nothing will be lit for that. That means your router isn't seeing your Xbox.

First try to, when the comptuer and Xbox are on, to switch the connection port of the Xbox from the back of the router. If it works, good. Now all you'll need to do is check the IP settings in the Xbox and update FlashFXP.

Another way to fix it and prevent it is this:
    On the Xbox go to:
    System->System Settings->Network.
    Change your assignment to Manual (Static). This prevents the router from assigning the IP automatically and assigns the Xbox one manually, by you.

For IP Address choose 192.168.1.18
    This can be changed but We'll just use that since it's like my settings. It must be in the range of your network, for example if your Default Gateway is 192.168.0.1, change your IP to 192.168.0.18
    The first 3 sets of numbers of the IP and default gateway must be the same. See Default Gateway below.

For Netmask use 255.255.255.0

For Default Gateway and DNS server its a bit more complicated. Here you need to go to your computer and:
    Start-> Run Type in cmd and hit OK. When the box comes up type ipconfig.

Note down your Default Gateway.
    Now go back to the Xbox and for Default Gateway type in the same thing that you saw on your PC. Same for DNS server.

After you have done all of this, SAVE SETTINGS and reboot your Xbox. Once it loads XBMC you will be able to connect to it with the IP you assigned earlier. If it still doesn't work make sure the Router LED is lit and if not plug in the Xbox to another port.

This should work, if not then we need to go another route.

Let me know how it goes.

Damn that's long...