AfterDawn Forums

create a bootable CD/DVD using Nero 8

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

I have been using Nero 6 for a couple of years now and just upgraded to Nero 8 today because my work provided the newer version of the software.
Using Nero Express on Nero 6 you had the ability to choose to make a bootable CD/DVD data disk. We used this feature to create bootable image (altiris or ghost images) disks. I can not find this function in Nero 8. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?? I sincerely hope I am just not finding this function and that it is not missing from the new Nero 8!
Thanks for the help!

Hanleyj
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Well you may be better off looking in the manual than on this site

Anyway a solution would be to download MagicISO, possibly the best ive used and create a bootable disk with that, you can get it free off any torrent website

good luck

PSP 1000 CFW 1.5>3.71 m33-2>6.0>5.0 M33-6, Custom Halo Gameboot, VSH Menu, Custom theme/icons.
Macbook White 1.83GHz>2GB Ram>160GB 7200rpm HD.
Xbox 360 60GB <<Love life, let it love you back>>

thanks to the folks at nero support. they sent out this response.

thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunatly this is not possible with Nero Express but Nero BurningRom

Please check chapter 9 from the Nero BurningRom manual for assistance.
You can download it from our website.
Here is the download link:
http://ftp6.nero.com/user_guides/nero8/b...ningRom_Eng.pdf

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Deniz Uenver
Nero Support

Hanleyj
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.