1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update the xbox 360 topics

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by C4RN1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

The xbox 360 section is seriously out of date. The xbox section has 5 topics and the 360 only has one. Even though people see the 360 section they post the 360 related material in the xbox section. Now i know some of you don't think that this matters but it would only take a minute or to to add a couple topics and help make things a bit more organized. So can we add a couple topics?

-Xbox 360 Hardware (replacement and repair)
    -Xbox 360 Software (firmware and backups)

People just keep posting in the wrong section and it seems to happen quite frequently as more and more 360s are having issues.

Seems like a simple solution but i doubt moderators have the privileges to add topics so this has to be done by the admin.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

That's right and also admin does patrol this forum so if they see a need they will reply to your thread with a reason either way.

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

It's even more important now that we update the topics.

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i would have to agree with C4 on this one, there does need to be separate 360 sections.

5. homesick

homesick Regular member

i would agree too, us 3 are the main people over there and it would help get this a little more straightened out. i would say a couple others over at the forum would agree.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

My only concern with this is that even with more 360 forums people will still spam the other forums. It seems to be much worse the last few months, every day i'm having to close misplaced threads now :(

Once upon a time i was known as the mod who 'teleported everything to relevant forum' but due to unhealthy amounts of missplaced posts i won't do that anymore, i elect to teach them to post correctly, it's like tidying up after kids and their toys :)

edit- i caved in and started teleporting them agin. I must be mad.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  7. homesick

homesick Regular member

i think if you have more 360 topics, you are going to bring more visual attention to that subject, so they might be a little less likely to click on xbox if they see 2-3 forums for a 360 compared to just one if that makes sense. i wont explain my business, but its the same for me, you want enough visual attention to create sales, but at the same time its also about quality, not quanity. i think an extra 2 fourms would solve this. burning/firmware/hardware-general or burning-firmware & hardware-general for only two fourms.

8. bd911

bd911 Regular member

Agreed. Now more than ever we need organization in the 360 forum.

9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i would still have to agree that the 360 section needs to be updated. even just the addition of one more section would be nice.

10. homesick

homesick Regular member

agreeded. Mods could you take another look at? Please?

11. jcalton88

jcalton88 Regular member

Bring up an old thread but I agree completely. Everytime I scroll to click on the 360 forum, I wonder why there is only one. Just thought I'd add my two cents worth seeing as its not done yet, maybe another vote is needed.

12. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

Agreed, they should add a seperate 360 forum for softmodding. But I suppose it might be "harder" for newbies repetitive questions being answered, resulting in a flood of "I'm new to 360's and I'm not sure which sub-forum this thread suits so I will post in all"... also it would make it harder for regulars to monitor and reply to some threads.

13. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

Ye they should

14. varnull

varnull Guest

c'mon guys.. the problem is all the xbox forums.. ONE 360 and ONE xbox forum would do.. I mean.. the mulitiude of old xbox forums shows the complexity of the machine and how much can be done with it... what can you do with a 360.. oh yeah.. flash the damn dvd drive to play pirated disks... and add a larger hdd.. that's it.. no softmodding.. no unsigned code.. nothing.. so there is no need for more than 1 forum for that.

All the old xbox forums should be archived.. and closed.. it's all been done and all been said.. there is no development going on now.. so there is nothing more to say. The ps1 forum went after 3 years of the console being withdrawn.. because it was just filled with ps2 junk.. so the same should apply.. 1 360 section.. just one.. then a set of guides and links.. all that's needed really.

15. wabashman

wabashman Active member

there is a set of guides and links, no-on bothers to read them, or do any research at all.

16. John_Donn

John_Donn Regular member

i agree we should have more. Sorry for my post i couldn't find this one

17. 360lifer

360lifer Regular member

I've always wondered why the Xbox has so many sections but the 360 only one. Isn't it about time that the Xbox sections get merged into one maybe two and the 360 should get a hardware and software section.

And the stickies need to be updated.