1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any software that...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Turnip, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Turnip

Turnip Guest

Is there any burning software that allows you to fade in and out of tracks when recording? As far as I can see neither Nero or Easy-CD allows for it...any suggestions?

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Feurio will do that I think. Best thing for audio burns anyway.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2002
  3. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

Are you talking about a "crossfade" [that's what we called it when I DJ'ed].

I know that Nero Wave Editor will let fade in/out any portion of the .wav file, but I don't know if it will let you "mix" the outgoing song in with the ingoing song [the crossfade].

But if you fade in/out enough and eliminate the 2 second gap b/w songs, the CD can sound like it's "continuous".

Last edited: Sep 1, 2002
  4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

OK, you only get help if you give help, and for once I can help here!

Nero will allow you to fade in and out (sinusiodial, exponential, linear or logarithmic) in the audio editor. However if you want to crossfade, then simply click right mouse on the track in your audio window, select properties and you will get a Audio Track Info window with three tabs, you can click crossfade (the last check box on the first tab, I believe) and then select the number of seconds to crossfade with the previous track.

It works, too!

Paul.

5. Turnip

Turnip Guest

Brilliant. You guys should each have a holiday named after you.

6. Silque

Silque Guest

Oh yeah, I absolutely vote for a holiday called Loaded Day!! =)

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I'm loaded every holiday.

8. loaded

OK guys, thanks for the comments.

I am on holiday at the moment, and I cannot get used to this bloody keyboard. The letters are all in the wrong place.

I also appreciate that for the majority of you, loaded means drunk. Really drunk. However in the UK, really drunk is pissed, as in angry for you guys and loaded is rich, although I am not rich, I just like the word

I am also trying hard to do a smiley face or at least an exclamation mark, but im buggered if I can do that on this f***ing kezboard. See what I mean, with the z instead of the y.¨

Happy burning guys....

Paul.

9. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Let's take this way off-topic:

I hate British keyboard layout :) I currently have to use UK, US and Finnish keyboards, but I've managed to setup the systems to use Finnish layout -- thank god I don't need to watch where I write, since in the UK and US keyboards the brackets are one character to the right compared to Finnish keyboard.. And doing programming that's rather annoying to hit )= instead of ().. But the bastards at the work (BOFHs) don't allow me to buy Finnish keyboard -- not even use my own :p

10. loaded

OK dRD, I think I am going to ban you for incorrect use of forum threads. Oh f***, I can!t do that for many reasons.

1 I am not administrator

2 I cant do anzthing with this bloodz kezboard

Not even exclamation mark.

Paul.

PS dRD, don§t get upset, because zou probablz cant even read what I am sazing

11. dRD

;-)

I assume you're visiting a German speaking country right now, I remember trying those weird y-to-z keyboards couple of times in '80s. Tip: you can change the keyboard layout from Windows' Control Panel, so you can type with British layout even that the keycaps don't match.

12. loaded

Hez zou are there right now. Help. HEEEELLLLPP. This is a Cyech Kezboard and I have no idea what I am doing. It is great that I am not driving at least, that would be a disater.......

Paul.

Seriousklz, mz wife is ¨Cyech 9if zou can understand me, that is good, becuase not onlz is the kezboard crap, but I have had 8 Cyech beers, which zou should know 9as a Fin0 are prettz strong. See, I can§t even do brackets11

Or exclamation marks...

HEPL

Ok The was just the alcohol talking...

13. dRD

Ok, now. Someone, please take this guy to bar and make him drink more beer and NOT to touch Czech computers for rest of his holiday ;-)

14. loaded

Ok the problem here, is, obviosulz, that I am bz a computer, but also 9haha0 that 9o¨h f*/** no backets again0 that I am near a computer also1111

ÖK the 1 are exclamation marks and the 90 are brackets, I think, but It is getting too much. Bz the waz, was I in the top ten posters last week, even though I was on holidaz____

___ means questions mark..

Paul.

15. loaded

What I meant to saz is that I am near a barrel of beer and a compu¨ter and not near a computer and a computer, just in case zou were worrieds.

OK the men in white coats are coming to take me awaz now......

Paul.

16. loaded

OH my my god, I am trzing incredidbly hard to type on this keyboard, for a number of reasons, but I have just read the newsletter and it appears that I was not only in the charts, but also number one. Cold this possiblz be true, that a drunk relativelyz newbie, could be on holidaz the same week he climbs to number one...

Swoon

Gasp.

I must be doing something right, I was only in the country 3 dazs.

OK dRD, you can ban me for drunkenlz behaviour now.

Best of luck

Paul.