1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox disk read error evox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by splashed, Feb 1, 2004.

1. splashed

splashed Member

I looked through a lot of post first and couldn't find anything. I found files that look like the real evox files(3935) and carefully fallowed instructions on burning them on dvd as iso, but my xbox wont read them. I've tried many dvd formats(and burned at slow speeds), tried with and without a dummy, ive eddited the ini, and have gotten my more tech oriented friends to try to help. I didn't realise when i started this project that installing the mod chip would be by far the easiest part. You wouldn't happend to know any good places to look for people in my area to hire for this type of thing do you? Thanks again!

I'm pretty sure I've flashed the chip with the m7 evox bios, i put in the disk it read it then turned off. Now the xbox plays just without the evox dashboard.

Any info to help woul be greatly appreciated. email splashedwater22@yahoo.com

Oh an I used Nero 6 to burn my disk. Is there a better fairly inexpensive program for this? Whats the best program for backing up games?

You guys Rock!

xbox
    xecuter 2.3b lite
    (possible m7 bios)

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

i would recommend to locate and download the Slayer's Evox Autoinstaller and burn it on a Memorex 4x CD-RW with a large dummy file.

3. splashed

splashed Member

Thanks for the post! I've heard of slayers evox autoinstaller. What is it exactly? Have you used it? I've read post that say it has a wormhole attached to it, maybe not all of them though. And one more question... where can a pick up a copy? Thanks again.

4. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

If you managed to do the bios then the dash is the easy part.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Slayers installer as I like to do things myself.

If you are still stuck PM me and I will give you my e-mail address

5. splashed

splashed Member

Now im having seriouse problems beyond help i think, I hadn't done anything else to my xbox, and i was playing halo for about 45 minutes things were fine with the game but then it started freezing, then there were reflections in the wrong places, and a bunch of graphics errors... i dont know whats going on. I'm going to keep trying to install a dashboard and intall a bigger hard drive and hope things fix itself I guess. Thanks for the posts guys, i would love to get your email man if you think you can help me get a dashboard on.

6. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

That sounds a bit like over heating.

You do need a dashboard as you can easliy get your temps and even step up fan speed.

I'll PM you my e-mail, Might be busy tonight as my new xbox HDD as finally arrived :D