1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW ATIP READER: Nero CD Speed 1.0 - TEST PLEASE!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 1, 2002.

1. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Example output of Nero CD Speed 1.0

Manufacturer : Multi Media Masters && Machinary
    Code : 97m28s26f
    Disc Type : CD-R
    Usage : General
    Recording Layer : Dye Type 6: Short Strategy (Phthalocyanine)
    Recording Speed : n/a
    Capacity : 74:30.00
    654 MB
    Additional Capacity : n/a
    Overburn Capacity : not tested

The original CD-R Identifier has for a long time been unsupported or developed software. At the same time it has been the most handy tool for ATIP info extraction.

Now freeware Nero CD Speed 1.0 gives this functionality and it's output looks nice & simple. It works via Nero ASPI Manager ( http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/wnaspi32.dll - copy to the CD Speed directory of you don't have Nero installed) and via that it is able to support USB and FireWire devices as well.

With Nero CD Speed we can perform overburning capacity tests as well and that way increase the informative value of this board!

Please test this software and if it is OK we shall make it the ATIP reader of choice. Nero CD Speed is a great app for doing all kinds of tests with your drives/discs so well worth checking out.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2002
  2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. data2000

data2000 Member

cd-rw.org, do you know why all tests are performed on my machine only at 8X speed? My burner is 24X speed ánd the discs that I checked were 40X and 24X certified(!?) How do I achange the speed or is it something that the prodram selects itself? I saw test results on their website done at 24X... otherwise it lookas as if it is a very handy tool... Would be good to hear more experiences and results from other people

Last edited: Sep 3, 2002
  4. philps

philps Member

I've started fooling around with Nero CD Speed, and I liked it a lot. It provided me with all the info on the CD-R's I use, and it also has lots of testing features.
    And the thing is: CD Identifier 1.63 just didn't work on my box, even with Nero 5.5.9.9 already installed. (I run WinXP Pro, Brazil.)
    So, all hail Nero CD Speed!