1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!!! How do i convert OGG video files to dvd?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by pcshateme, Feb 2, 2004.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i downloaded some ogg video files and want to burn them to dvd and tmpg wont do it. I have the ogg codec and the files play, but i need to convert them to DVD- tmpg enc opens the files, but then as soon as it started encoding it had some sort of error. i dont want a disscussion- i just want to convert these as soon as possible- please HELP!

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Get yourself Virtualdubmod first. Open your OGM file and select "Direct Stream Copy" under the video menu. Then go to "Streams" and select "Stream List". If your file has more than one audio stream select the appropriate one, right click it and select "Full Processing Mode". Now go back to "File" and select "Save As..", move the slider to AVI and select your file name. It should take a few minutes depending on the length of your movie to produce the new file because you are converting the audio to PCM wav. Make sure you have the latest Xvid codec too, as many OGM files have Xvid encoded video. You should be able to open the AVI in TMPGEnc now.

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

thank you very much, but do you know where i can get the program? is it freeware?

4. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

5. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

thanx!

so then i can just convert the .avi to mpeg right?

6. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

7. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just had a ogg/ogm video file that I had some problems converting in VirtualDubMod.
    Instead I found a little OGMdemuxer program that worked very well. So I thought I'd share it with the rest of you :D.

http://cyrius.bunkus.org/ogmtools.html

Its a commandline proggies, but its fantstic, especially if your ogm or ogg video file has ac3 in it too. It demuxes the ogm/ogg video file into seperate video, audio and subtitle files. Easy to use too!

8. Red_XIII

Red_XIII Member

i am an idiot when it comes to this stuff, so forgive me if I insult you.

i am trying to convert my ogm ogg file to avi so i can burn it to a dvd. i did what you said but when i try to save it, an error message says i don't have an audio decompressor to decompress the audio. what is it talking about. I am so confused. i just want to burn a dvd. i have looked all over the web for an answer and the solution is either too complicated or something like like the error message happens. please help me.

i try to demux the audio and i get the same error message

also, i downloaded the ogmdemuxer program and i unzipped, opened it and double clicked on the program, but it won't open. a picture flashes on the screen. looks like a command prompt thing. a few other programs i downloaded do the same thing
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]yo[/small]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  9. Steve.R

Steve.R Member

I read on the VirtualDubMod site that it doesn't come with any audio codec's. So if you install divx it will probably fix the problem. I think thats a video and audio codec.

My problem is I encode with the OGM track I want but when I replay it theres no sound. When I goto file > preview output from start it has sound.

I came across this http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/topic/24776-1.html which I'm doing at the moment but it takes about 1 hour to encode a 30 min file is there a way to make the audio work using virtualdubmod?

10. 305Graph

305Graph Regular member

yeah i cant get the damn thing to extract the audio alone with the video neither , it just does the video but when u preview it it plays just fine with audio and all

11. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You can't have AC3 audio in an ogg file by the way. ogg and ogm are not the same thing. ogm was a hack/extension to ogg to allow for VfW video streams, subtitles and ACM audio streams.

Any video in an ogm stream will be avi compatible, the audio is usually vorbis, which isn't avi compatible. Easiest would be to use mencoder with -ovc to copy the video and -oac mp3lame to convert the audio to mp3. Makes it very easy to batch process if you have multiple files.