1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDLab issues

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Grizzly54, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Grizzly54

Grizzly54 Member

Alright, I recently authored a new DVD and was testing it out in my DVD player, finding a few issues. The first issue was the main menu AND the actual movie was stretched out way too much. Like about 10-15% was cropped off. Everything else worked properly. Then after about 20 minutes of watching the movie file, the sound went off. There was no lag, no DVD issues, it just stopped all sound while the video continued to play.

Also, I used the digital media coverater to convert the main avi file into an mpg so I could import it into DVDLab and it worked, though I had to convert the audio file a second time using DVDLab's converter thingy. So, I'm wondering if the problem might have resulted from using that particularly converter, but I'm uncertain.

If there is anything else I should add, tell me. Otherwise, I'm a bit loss as to what I can do to fix these problems.

2. darkdrgon

darkdrgon Member

I would try using dvd flick. You can drag and drop your avi files into it and it will convert it and then burn it. And if your files are in wide screen you can edit it with dvd flick to change the output to 4:3 and that should keep it from looking stretched out.

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Are you using a Widescreen or a 4:3 TV set?
    If the latter, make sure in DLP that "Pan & Scan" is off in the project settings.
    Feed it not with .mpg, this is a program stream & unsuitable. Make the video files M2V instead.