1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Wolves, Feeding Time*** PalmOne Zire 31: Universal Keyboard is typing gibberish crap

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chaosnova, Sep 1, 2008.

1. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Hi everyone. I recently got my bro's PalmOne Zire 31 and the universal keyboard that goes with it. I posted my problem on the palm forums, but practically everyone there is useless. Anyhow, even after installing the latest drivers and hotlinking, I keep getting the same problem: Whenever I push the infrared arm/wand up, I my palm gets a signal, but the keys are messed up. Most of the keys don't work, and control types S, alt= z, etc.

I'd really like to get this to work without any repairs/monetary crap, and before school. i'd really really appreciate the help. Thanks a lot!

2. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Worthless idiots on these forums, seriously.

Not a single response yet...

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

it is not even 12 hours between your 2 posts so have some patience as we are here on our free time just like you are. sometimes posts don't get answered for days as the person who might know the solution didn't see your post or is away from this site so relax!!

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If you treat us like dirt then expect us to do the same. You've now guaranteed nobody will reply to your post because you are so rude.

5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

worthless idiots?

We know how to use Google.

Sammorris is right; you probably won't see much help with that attitude.

6. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Actually, the answer isn't on google. That's #1.

Secondly, what all of have just said is credence to the fact that you three are just idiots looking to pick a fight.

You didn't say a word of help, despite your optimistic and pure attitudes which were intended to "help". So now go give yourselves a time out for a while, or actually help out.

If you expect to treat others like dirt even through revenge, then you'll live a cold, harsh life.

7. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

So far you've dissed the palm forums in your first post, AD in your second post, and then three of most popular members of AD in your third.

Congratulations!!! Well Done!!!!

P.S. Hope you manage to get your problem sorted :) I assume you have the keyboard set to the correct region on your computer?

8. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Well, the palm forums were pretty damn useless. It's been about 5 days since I posted the thread and only one nice guy came to help (he tried, but sadly to no avail).

I know I sound like demanding, but I'm tired of the poor service. I simply want to use my palm.

I don't know if I have the region correctly set; could be more specific on how I can check/change it.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and the two guys in the middle who dissed me deserved what i just said, considering that they're just as bad as me, if you think I am bad.

9. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Basically keyboards can be set to any region in the world, and if you set your keyboard to american it will read the keys differently than if you set it to european.

I'm assuming you use windows xp, if you don't i don't know how to check it. If you are on xp, go into control panel and then regional and language options and see where it is set to, change it to your local area. I know i had my keyboard set to american instead of uk a while back and it was messing up the keys on me. I forget how i fixed it though sorry, so try this.

And by the way, sammorris and 7thsinger are both lovely guys and sammorris is probably one of the most knowledgeable pc people on the site, he spends hours on here everyday helping people out, i know he's helped me a lot, so i'm sure he could fix your problem for you if you asked nicely.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Did you not notice the 'poor service' was free?
    Your problem is rather unusual - have you not spoken to the manufacturer for any ideas?

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

chaosnova, a fight with a mod you will loose. i already banned an idiot yesterday with a lousy attitude like yours so do you want to be next? if not then apologize for that uncalled for comment ASAP!

12. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

I will use Google before asking dumb questions...

Live and die by that and you shall survive young Padawan.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

He's being helped by Palm Tech Support - http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=hardware&thread.id=34559

Am surprised they are so polite after some of chaosnova's posts there. Courtesy (and patience, and forum replies) cost nothing, after all.

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Indeed. People like that are the main reason why I'd never want a real tech support job.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  15. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Agreed. Not to mention, courtesy and patience usually render a more helpful nature from the natives. ;)

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Indeed. Plus my dry humour is always free too. What a bargain :p

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

FREE??? OH know it's not!!! I have to wade thru your humor to find what you're posting about. It's aggravating and tedious at times. :D

To the OP... you really know how to bring the house down.. I just hope it's storming outside as normally LIGHTNING accompanies a good thunder storm. :D

ddp..... have at it PLEASE!!!

oh... check your batteries!! :p

....gm

18. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Batteries are fine. I think that the problem lies with the IR arm, or something else. Just yesterday I found out that you can slide the keyboard to the extreme right or left.

BY THE WAY: when my bro had it, he said that the on light was slightly dim, to indicate that it was on. However, despit having batteries in the palm, there's no light. Weird thing is, it still does type, although the wrong stuff.

This is a really weird situation.

19. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Could potentially be a power problem inside the unit, if the light was dim...