1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of Coasters

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by upies1862, Feb 4, 2004.

1. upies1862

upies1862 Guest

I use a BTC1008 DVD+RW. I have used 1Click,cloneDVD, and Copy Xpress and even tried others too with a similar effect. When the writing commences it shows about 2 hours finish time, but all the disk writing fails at 25% it appears that the time remaining and writing completed are not compatable i.e. if recording time was 20 mins the system will show 5% at 10 minutes.Also I have noticed that the hard drive will freeze along with the DVD drive. I have plenty of memory(512mb) 1.4ghz CPU. Hope someone can help! thanks

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Did this just start? Have you burned successfully in the past?

1. Check to see that DMA is enabled for the drive.
    2. Try various media. Many on-line merchants offer Sample Packs for testing.

3. upies1862

upies1862 Guest

thanks for the reply this has just started, I have tried sample packs with the same thing happening DMA is definately enabled. I may try and re-install windows XP to see if the problem wil go away.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well sometimes in cases like this it's best to backtrack any changes you've made to your rig. Have you installed any other burning apps? If using XP maybe you could try System Restore.

5. upies1862

upies1862 Guest

I will try that first thanks - got nothing to loose I suppose!
    Do you recomend any particular brand of DVD media that has been tried and tested on my DVD+RW?

6. canemaker

canemaker Guest

I have a Sony 510A burner and it is very picky on the type of media I use, I makes a lot of costers also with the wrong media brand. Ive tried a lot of different brands and found that Imation works the best for this drive (no costers) at all

7. Slofire

Slofire Member

I have an LG 4081B and apparently LGs are very picky about media, but Ive had no problems with Ritek dvd+r 8x, Maxell dvd-rw, Sony dvd-r/+r all have worked perfect, no problems at all.

and those Riteks play in my garbage dvd player that isnt supposed to be able to play +r media

8. upies1862

upies1862 Guest

Thanks all for the advice I have now re-installed winxp and tried Maxell RW 1-4x and that has worked! I have since tried imation it faied at 4x but worked at 2x. I will try the others that have been suggested and let you know how I get on! I ain't no expert with this DVD lark just yet!