1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with uploading my pictures and videos using autoplay!!

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by myf, Sep 8, 2008.

1. myf

myf Member

Hi there,
    I use vista. Whenever i plug my digi camera or mobile phone into my laptop the autoplay automatically appears and i used to click import pictures and videos and that was it, no problems the pictures would go into my computer files.. Anyway now the autoplay comes up but when i select my option (any option) it gives me this error message.. "this file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action. Create an assosiation in the set associations control panel" could anyone tell me what i have to do exactly to correct this??
    Many thanks, Charlie.

2. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

Did you update to service pack 1 at any time.

Most likely if you did service pack 1 reset your file permissions and the computer just doesn't know how to open the file.

All you need to do is right click another picture that was downloaded from the camera and select property's and tell it what application opens this file and select ok now all the files should open in the software.

If it doesn't work then i would say the latest update of vista doesn't support your phone.