1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Modding Tutorials

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

You're doing nothing wrong at all. Do this twice, exit iPW, Open your updater & update :)

2. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

It still has the jumbled images. I don't even think that the battery is right because I left it charging all night and it still only says 10%.

3. Lethal_B

Jazo, download & install this theme, as it is a definite & proper theme for version [bold]1.1.1[/bold]. You don't have to keep it.. but let's see if we can get it to work & get your modding career off to a start :)

4. KhmerKing

KhmerKing Member

Hey Lethal
    You said that the most letters that I should have on my title bar is the most 7. Does this also count for the menu screen??? Is there a specific number that I have to be under??? For example, if I were to change the word "songs" can I put whatever I want or does it has to be less than a certain number.
    What I'm trying to say is, does it matter how long or short of a word I change to "besides" the title bar???
    Thanks

5. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

@Lethal

What theme? Did you forget to post it?

6. Lethal_B

Indeed, my apologies jazo. Here is the link http://www.ipodwizard.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7709&d=1144517394

Aye, they wall work in the same manner. The next tutorial I post will be substantially longer than the previous three, and will explain in detail how you can achieve longer-length words.

I the guide will drop soon and will show the methods clearly & in detail. But things can get a little tricky at this point, so please be patient, and let me explain things properly in a tutorial, rather than me explain it briefly and you brick your iPod. :)

-lethal-

7. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

Lethal--

I still can't seem to figure the stupid thing out. I greatly appreciate your help through all my stupidity, lol. It still has jumbled images, but evry time that I try agian the images are jumbled differently.

Another question: If I am running 1.1.1 firmware, which firmware version should I open in iPW: 13.6.1.1 or 14.5.1.1?

Again, thank you soo much for the help you are giving me.

8. jsz61884

jsz61884 Member

PLZ!!!! Help Me.. I tried doing this procedure. I think I really really messed up my iPod. In the updater there are only 307 images, but every thing i download has like 330. I installed something and now my iPod looks all fucked up, could u plz help me restore atleast the factory settings so i can try again...plz

9. Lethal_B

download a fresh updater and restore your iPod using it.

10. jsz61884

jsz61884 Member

Ok, I got my iPod back to factory settings, How come I cant find a single theme thats makes it look right

11. Lethal_B

What firmware are you runnning (which version?). You have to find a theme that is made especially for that version..

12. jsz61884

jsz61884 Member

I got it now, thanks for the help though, i was being a retard

13. jsz61884

jsz61884 Member

Lethal, I changed my font, but the first time i did it, i changed the font on index 0 like a dummy, is that gonna mess anything up ?

14. Lethal_B

Don't be silly.. we all have to learn at some stage.. :)

I cannot give no guarantees on whether it will affect the outcome or not, however, it will not damage your iPod. Just carry on, making sure you use the correct index this time (4), and you should be ok.

15. jsz61884

jsz61884 Member

Ok, I finally got everything how I wanted it ( font, theme, etc.) but now all my songs are gone.... :( I used iHack and when the updater came up, i selected restore, and not update... is there a difference ? thanks a lot lethal....you have been helping me a lot on this

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  16. Lethal_B

No worries. The idea of using iHack (or the 'downgrade firmware' button), is that they make the updater think your iPod is a previous firmware version, hence allowing you to click 'update' to update your iPod's firmware instead of restoring. I'm afraid you will have to reload the data that existed in your iPod :(

Grats on completing parts one & two of the tutorial, though. Part three is up already if you wish to try it..
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/323431#1933588

(Take a look at the bottom of my sig for info on all of the completed & pending tutorials).

Enjoy!!

17. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

Definetly anticipating the guides Lethal. If it wasn't for them I would be tinkering on my own and probably just be frustrated. Just thought I'd throw a little appreciation your way :)

18. jsz61884

jsz61884 Member

Ok, now the only thing I need on my iPod is the iTunes Visualizer to play as my screensaver..... possible ?

19. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

Well you could turn your screensaver off, and just manually open the visualizer and let it function as such.

20. Lethal_B

Thanks DJ. Two more tutorials coming for you to get your teeth into on May day. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.