1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Icemonkey, Dec 12, 2003.

1. spinyard

spinyard Member

Dude this guy needs to read up. 1. Gamecube does not read mini dvd's. 2. Zelda is on the list of known not working games. Read dude read.

2. infidel80

infidel80 Member

Take your comments somewhere else. could playstation read burn't cd's without a modchip, no. could ps2's read burnt cd's, dvd's without a modchip, no. was there swap trick discs created for those systems to boot cd, and dvd games for ps and ps2, yes. was there modchps invented for those 2 systems to boot burnt cd's dvd's, yes. was a modchip invented for the xbox to read burnt dvd's cd's, yes. I understand the gamecube can't read mini dvd's right now, because there's no swap trick, or modchip. I feel once they come up with a modchip, swap trick, it will read the burned mini-dvd, regardless of which way the GC laser reads. It will happen. So, before you join an open thread, and start flapping your gums, think before you type. Maybe you should've read this entire thread, instead of jumping to the last page, and making your assumption there. Bye dude, Bye.

3. mbkjc

mbkjc Guest

Ok i'm new to this thing and i was wondering if you can use aniaml crossing instead of phantasy star online and if so what programs would you need

4. Civilian

Civilian Member

gsfull,

There can be numerous problems when going through a router to hit the GC, so start with the most basic and work up. First, get a crossover cable or make one and try attaching to the GC. If that doesn't work you only have two points of failure, your NIC and the cable. There is also potential for the BBC to be bad, but lets assume that works. If you still have no luck then start with your NIC. When you connect the cable to the GC and your PC is there any activity on the NIC (activity lights orange green) if not then it's a cable issue and remake the crossover. If it is a go then look at your card and start checking the IP settings on the GC and the PC. Also start with 10MB and Half Duplex. This is the easiest mode to get to work. With these pieces in check you should be able to at least ping your GC from the command prompt unless you are running a Win 9x version.

Other things to check, 3rd party software firewall, home networking through Win 9x, OS firewall (XP). Bad NIC.

That about all I can come up with, good luck.

Civilian

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

gsfull:

" can't even get the psul to work......
    This is what I get.

"DNS Server Error > Can't bind socket"

But I did set DMZ Host IP Addresss for my router.
    Can anybody help?

Thanks "

If you're running the server version of Windows 2000 it could be that the DNS server component is installed and running. If that's the case, the psul utility cannot setup its own DNS server if there is already one running on that PC. Go to Services under Administrative Tools and turn off the DNS Server service when running psul.

6. spinyard

spinyard Member

Hey infidel, Maybe if you read the threads you wouldn't ask so many questions. I have xbox, ps2, and gamecube. All modded. I think gamecube sucks. Anyone wanna buy my setup? Phantasy star 2 broadband adapter, etc. What a waste of money.

7. rajesh

rajesh Guest

hia guys i'm new to all this but do you need a gamecube to rip a game?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2004
  8. giersh

giersh Member

yep, you need a gamecube. no optical drives i know of read the proprietary format that nintendo has devised for the gamecube... it's NOT a mini dvd. it only stores 1.4 gb. and given that half the reason nintendo went with cartridgeson the N64, and is still being nonstandard, is due to the fact that they wish to retain TOTAL control over their media, therein not having to pay royalties to, say, sony for the use of DVD technology. or so i've read. i can't lie and say i know this for sure, but more than likely, there's not going to be any nintendo media being copied in a conventional manner.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]...Yehyeh[/small]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  9. Ballrog

Ballrog Guest

My wuestion is, will this backup method work with the newest installment of Phantasy Star Online? To specify will this work iwth PSO III (the card version)? Because I can't seem to locate PSO I & II easily. If so I would deeply appreciate a E-mail. Thank you.

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I have no information as to whether or not this will work with Phantasy Star Online III although I would guess probably not. If you are in the United States you might try www.ebgames.com for a used one. They are currently selling for $44.99 or www.ebay.com. Sometimes you can find old but new stuff there.

11. Puleo76

Puleo76 Member

i got my broadband adapter brand new from gamestop for 35.99 forget what it was after taxes but yea... new

12. giersh

giersh Member

i hear-tell that it DOES work with PSO III, but don't quote me on that.

13. GCMANIAC

GCMANIAC Guest

ICEMONKEY, when I get to RED screen on my GC it stops on "netudpopen...( )" what do I need to do on this? I have also tried the new PHOENIX_beta_1.37 GUI and it gets all the way through to streaming and then does nothing. Any suggestions to this? I'm working on SonicHeroes. Should I try a different game to backup?

14. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

This is a PS2 discussion but oh well.

15. Gansuh

Gansuh Member

Iverson68, show us where the AfterDawn Gamecube board is and we can ask a mod to move this thread. Oh wait, there isn't one. You could see from the topic that is was about Gamecube streaming. If you're not interested, why bother adding your two cents.
    The board mods don't seem to have a problem with this thread being here, so what's your problem?

Sorry to take this off topic everyone. To redeem myself i will respond to giersh as well.

I have heard that it doesn't work. A thread on a different forum documents several attempts and the error messages recieved (found in a console forum that starts with max).

16. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

GCMAINIAC: When you get the red screen on the GameCube with the netudpopen message everything should be already to go. Your game disc you wish to back should already be in the GameCube drive at this point and ISO Ripping Server should already be running and listening for the GameCube. netudpopen indicated that the GameCube is attempting to send UDP data packets to your PC. ISO Ripping Server should be capturing those packets and writing them out to your hard drive as an image of the game.

17. GCMANIAC

GCMANIAC Guest

ICEMONKEY, Thanks for the info. I've got it all figured out. SONIC HERO's, Mario Party 5 and The Sims Bustin Out already successful. I was using the wrong CAT5 cable. I meant to hook up my crossover but I used my standard on accident. Any info on a BBA Data rate speed up fix?

18. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I heard somewhere that it had been figured out, however, efforts to employ the fix into a loader have been abandoned for whatever reason.

19. Aznboi621

Aznboi621 Guest

hi, everyone i registered just to talk about this
    i put my Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc in my DVD-R drive (since i didnt want to mess up, anything usefull)
    it read it as a Music Cd, and the size was 1.99 gigs
    so that exceeds the 1.4gig mini dvds, i always thought gc discs were 1.5gb so how is it that the bonus disc is 1.99 gb?
    anyways does anyone have any gc iso, anyone who rips them onto ur comp, plz upload them on kazaa or something, so other people can try to burn them?

20. Zephyr64

Zephyr64 Member

Have any of you played Final Fantasy CC through downloading and booting? And how does it work for you? I was just wondering how the games worked, and if there are any exceptionally good running games at this time. Thanks