1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeftyGT

LeftyGT Member

2. shaktoo

shaktoo Member

Lefty, mostly for all your answers its YES YES & YES.
    Yes (so far for me i have had this dbox2 for 6 days only) They are GREAT,
    so far hasnt needed any further updating....of course if you are a total newbie to all this like me then it takes some time to make it all work .. i didnt knew how to FTP anything and got the box working in an overnight session...you have to search and read all the GUIDES and TUTS freely available on all these forums ... just type DBOX2 GUIDE in google and then away you go... beileve me if you have the dedication and willingness its quite easy and saright forward.
    it dont cost nutting if you are doing it yourself.
    and Yes any channel thats broadcasted in 16:9 is available in 16:9 ..
    and yes you can use Bouquet wizard to rearrange all your hearts content...
    so get the guides print them out and read them start to finish and away you go...

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Thanx a bunch shaktoo hope everybody takes heed
    Read befor you post .......................Paul

4. keith20

keith20 Member

hi, im just wondering does anybody no at all if its possible to get sky box office up and running for free of course on a nokia dbox2

5. LeftyGT

LeftyGT Member

I did read before I posted, I didn't understand the termonology - thats why I posted.

6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

You can only get what is being broadcast by your cable provider, NTL do not do box office. If they start to you could get it, but I doubt they will.

7. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

1.How often do these boxes need to be up-dated?
    I have nokias going 6+ months with no updates needed. I update mine only to get new features, not channels.

2.Does it cost money to up-date it?
    Nothing if you know how to do it. In buyandsell people charge €30 callout.

3.How DO you up-date it?
    Download free images and transfer Via PC

4.I have a wide-screen plasma, do these boxes show pictures in 16.9 wide?
    Yes

5.I know you can hook them up to the pc, can the electronic channel guide (the channels) be re-arranged to your favourites?
    Yes.

Many here say it is easy to set them up, but that is like going to a mechanics website and people saying it is easy to change a sparkplug or brake pads. If you do not have a clue it can be difficult. Took me a while to get mine going, and I still have problems when trying to use a mates laptop which has different settings. I had never done any FTP stuff before so was not used to it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  8. LeftyGT

LeftyGT Member

Ruprect, my point exactly. I could read all the guides available, but you do need a certain amount of basic knowledge on the application which I dont have.Hence the reason for politley asking somebody that knows the ins and outs to give me a brief explanation on the jargon involved.Sorry if I offended those of higher inteligence.

9. gotasmoke

gotasmoke Member

Thanks. I'll try this.

10. gotasmoke

gotasmoke Member

Ok i've got a copy of service.xml from my friend and used it but the channels I previously could not get, would still not disply.

I compared his services.xml to mine and I see the following difference:

I'm not getting the following transponders found:

- transponder id="003c" onid="0601" frequency="410750000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6875000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3"

and

- transponder id="003e" onid="0601" frequency="426750000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6875000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3"

The channels on these transponders are the 20 that I'm missing.

I'm using the irish9 cables. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

11. eoinf

eoinf Member

just flashed a new services and cables file. everything worked ok updated the channel names and a few new channels.

just two things

my volume control & mute no longer work. could i have changed something by accident edit seemed to fix this in the audio menu

alos a problem i was always having setanta sports appears with the last 1/5th of the screen repeating itself on the right hand side. i can fix it by messing around with the aspect ratio but i need to do it every time i switch to the channel any idea what this might be?

cheers

eoin

12. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Check your SNR,SIG you may need a booster.

13. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Happens on everybodies I know, sagem, nokia & proper pace box. I also notice golf has dirty big borders these days. Never tried messing with aspect, will give it a go.

blade trinity V2 for sagem 1x
    http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2446.0

blade trinity V2 for sagem 2x
    http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2557.0

Both of these have a cables file in them with my new fast scan option, and all of mgb17's latest "irish 9" file- though some might be slightly renamed, and a whole load of other providers from other images.

I will have commando 8.2 soon, and sporster 1.1 2x with gbox, though the sporster creator asked for it to be posted without keys, just get them from blade, I have it all configured so you just drop them in.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  14. mullingar

mullingar Member

Hi Guys. Quick question. I have my Sagem DBOX working ages in Dublin on NT£ but recently I bought a new lcd tv, Samsung LE32S81 and the quality of the TV seems very poor. Except for sky movies and some other channels. Would it be because I have an analogue tuner on the TV? My old phillips TV seemed to have a much better picture. Any ideas? signal on channels seem to get a muddled up picture every now and then also.

15. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

you are watching digital via the scart to the TV right?

Try changing the video settings. Your LCD might be set at a much higher res than what ntl broadcast at. If you click red then blue you will see the res the program is broadcast at. A low res input on a high res screen looks bad since it shows up all the flaws.

I have a low res plasma and it looks fine on it. I would sooner have a lower res high quality screen for the same price as a high res low quality screen. Same goes for cameras, people put too much emphasis on pixel counts since quality cannot be given in numerical terms.

Also try a different image, the newer blades are good, he improved the video drivers on them.

www.avforums.com might help on settings for the LCD

16. srevor

srevor Member

I had the same problem with Setanta Ireland, I changed the ucodes (to 0014 i think?) and its been fine since.

17. eoinf

eoinf Member

excuse my ignorance but what exactly did you do as this is begining to wreck my head

18. SG8

SG8 Active member

post deleted by me.

19. SG8

SG8 Active member

I have tried the Sagem 2x image, tried the NTL Dublin scans but picked up nothing, tried Cable IE Sym6887 and again nothing.

Am I missing out on something?

Update: Changed location to Dublin NTL and did a scan, picked up the channels but still no picture.

20. jj40

jj40 Guest

Have tried Blade V2 1x on Sagem here in Cork Picked up channels on Scan 121 Tv 33 Radio on Ch&r£s but no picture What am I doing wrong where can I get Irish9.zip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.