1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony ericsson k610i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by SandraN, Sep 24, 2008.

1. SandraN

SandraN Member

Like a lot of people I am on contract to 3 untill 7pm tonight 24 September 08, as I really like my phone I would like to keep it and use it with my other network. I've tried an unlocking service but so far no joy, I contacted sony ericsson who in turn told me to contact my provider as they would give me the NCK code, I rang them and after a time they came back to me and said that it would cost £15 to get the number from sony ericsson, whose ripping who off ? I think that between 3 and sony ericsson I am being held to ransom for wanting out of my contract which expired in August of this year, I feel that if we fork out x ammount of money on bills to these companys we should be entitled to getting a code to unlock the phone which is by right ours, if anyone out there has been able to get the codes for this phone I would be very grateful. SandraN

2. magicgsm

magicgsm Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  3. SandraN

SandraN Member

It's a sony ericsson K610i it was on contract with 3 but now it's my phone and the contract has finished, I've no idea where the cables are that came with it as I've never had need to use them. SandraN

4. magicgsm

magicgsm Guest

You can borrow any of your friend's cable.
    It is the same cable for almost all SE phones like K750i K850i W910i etc.

5. SandraN

SandraN Member

I've found the cable but when I went to try and download the turorial it wont open so I've given that up as a bad job. Although I did go on the sony ericsson website and told them in no uncertain terms that when you can't unlock one of their phones it will make you less inclined to use their products in the future, fingers crossed they might think we'l give out the code, well I can hope can't I. SandraN

6. magicgsm

magicgsm Guest

You will not get the code from SE as they do not lock the phones.
    Its the provider who lock them , so if you want the code you need to ask your service provider.

7. SandraN

SandraN Member

I've already done that, but they expect me to pay £15 for the privilege, which I object to, I feel as I paid a monthly fee plus an extortionate ammount in calls much more than when I was on pay as you go, I should get it for free, when all said and done I didn't ask them to lock it so shouldn't have to pay to have them unlock it. SandraN