1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DONT BUY from SaveonSamsung.com

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by sprit0ln, Sep 25, 2008.

1. sprit0ln

sprit0ln Member

Just a warning for anyone looking to purchase a laptop.

A summary of this pathetic excuse for a company:-

They charge you to check the laptop is working before shipping!
    I didnt take this service and received a dead one.
    They refused to refund my Saturday delivery charge even as a gesture of goodwill.
    They insisted I use the manufacturer warranty even though I received it dead from them.
    Eventually after much arguing arranged for a refund. They collected the laptop(after trying to make me pay for the return), then they sent another one!
    Still trying to get my money refunded over a month after they receivied the laptop back, excuses galore - cant see it in their stock etc (even though it is their delivery firm bringing it back to them).

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with on the net and almost makes me want to cease with Internet Shopping.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a pc hardware issue.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

OK

4. varnull

varnull Guest

http://www.saveonsamsung.com/ConditionsOfSale

Report to local trading standards.. Your statutory rights will be upheld.. retailer is responsible in first instance for replacement/refund in case of faulty goods.

5. johnmoxon

johnmoxon Member

Hi I'd just Like to give another opinion on saveonsamsung.com. It sounds like you've had a bad experience, which is a shame, but that can happen with any company no matter how established.

I on the other hand ordered a new Samsung R710 last Monday, I did not pay for the "pre-check" service. The laptop arrived in perfect working order the following day, along with free carry case. A week on and I'm very happy with the laptop and the service.

The only thing I found a little concerning was that I didn't receieve a email confirmation of my order. However I rang the saveonsamsung help centre, the girl I spoke to was very pleasant and helpful, found my order on the system, confirmed it had all gone through and emailed me a proof of purchase.

There are always 2 sides to every story!

6. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Haha, are you by any chance Mr.saveonsamsung.com himself?
    Would this be because Search on google "Saveonsamsung" and this thread is displayed.
    Well, enjoy the recession, me thinks its gonna hit you hard :)
    x

7. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Haha wow, that was mean. Well i'm in a crap mood anyway need to vent somehow.
    :)
    I actually feel better!
    Ahh the joys of AD.

8. johnmoxon

johnmoxon Member

No I'm a normal guy, an under-paid over-worked web developer that needed a new reliable laptop after my four year old dell inspiron finally died with the a faulty power socket. (A common problem i find!)

Like most people yes the recession is affecting me and I had to save hard to afford this laptop so I can continue to work and earn money to pay the rent!!!

Reality check - some people buy stuff online and get ripped off, some people get exactly what they ordered and are perfectly happy with it. Two sides, always two sides.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

johnmoxon, watch it & edit the end of your last post!!

10. varnull

varnull Guest

Well we all remember Phix.. who thanks be sorted their problems after a fair old bit of coaxing.

With UK businesses ALWAYS check your statutory rights as a customer because.. regardless of any disclaimers they try to fob you off with.. items sold from stores.. online or whatever, unless clearly marked up as faulty/damaged must be assumed to be in full working order and in undamaged/unmarked condition.

Then the sale of goods act comes into force, and a little known (it seems) part of that law is the item purchased must be fit for purpose, and the responsibility for replacement/refund falls in the first instance on the retailer.
    They may whine and moan.. but they can't wriggle out of the fact that as a customer you have statutory legal rights. If you don't get satisfaction from ANY retailer your next stop is your local trading standards office. They have the clout that retailers take notice of.

johnmoxon.. why is that name familiar?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  11. johnmoxon

johnmoxon Member

ddp - whats the point in having a forum if you're only going to allow one point of view. I'm actually being completely genuine, but if you guys can't see that then your loss.

Bye.

12. johnmoxon

johnmoxon Member

I don't know.... sounds like the football commentator!!! Like I've never heard that before! Really you should try ordering pizza's!

And as far as being "Mr saveonsamsung.com"....

As previously stated I'm nothing to do with saveonsamsung.com, I'm a Web Developer - see www.icongeneration.com or www.johnmoxon.com if it makes you feel better. This is my pretty outdated portfolio site, but definately me! and definately a lot better put together that the saveonsamsung.com website!

And yes I did find this thread on google..... When researching saveonsamsung.com... like many people I'm sure, I wanted to see if I'd be happy to part with my hard earned cash on the site. Luckily I found a more reliable source for my information... Samsung itself. Look yourself http://www.samsung.com/uk/touchofcolour/ click 'where to buy', they're on the recommended retailers list!!!

Anyway I tried! suit your selves.... I won't be posting again. bye. x

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  13. brox999

brox999 Member

After a hideous encounter with PCWorld I googled Samsung R510 and found saveonsamsung.com, I also saw this thread but decided to go ahead anyway. New machine turned up in three days and works perfectly out of the box, I did not pay for pre-delivery check and am a very happy customer. I think they should send email confirming the order but were friendly when I called to check and I would be more than happy to deal with again.

A Broxholme
    Waveplus Systems Ltd

14. varnull

varnull Guest

Aye.. I see a lot of happy customers also. I just have a few concerns with their "terms and conditions" which appear to attempt to undermine your statutory legal rights.

I'm not criticising their service or products in any way. The OP seems to have had a problem with their (saveonsamsung) interpretation of UK consumer law.

That's where the next level of complaint comes in. No harm in providing that information before an all out slagging match ensues.

BTW.. I know where johnmoxon rings a bell now. He was the barman in the Brakespears Arms on Brockley Rd. My local for a while.

15. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I remembered John Moxon from the movie 'Varsity Blues' whose title character played by actor James Van Der Beek named Johnathon 'Mox' Moxon.

16. varnull

varnull Guest

Don't think I have seen that.. Is it any good?

17. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Another one of those 'teen sports' movie. It has a few moments, but it was entertaining enough for me to relax watching it. Had a scene that became famous down here....a girl walking out in a whipped cream bikini!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139699/

18. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Wow, how did this topic go from a, "don't shop here" post, then onto talk about Varsity Blues - LMFAO! Anyways, that movie was filmed a few miles from my house. I love the part when the fat boy is crying because his coach yelled at him, then gets liquored up and shoots all his trophies with a shotgun. Lovely way to portray Tx.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008