1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EMU keys for Starview PVR

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Pauldev, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Pauldev

Pauldev Member

Hi All,

i am new to this site And have a quick query

I bought a starview PVR which was pre flashed, I have scanned all the channels fine but am unable to view them as I cannot turn EMU to ON

I have tried all the codes to get to hidden menu, 1570, 2007, 2004 1668, ect and have not succeeded!

Basically my head is wrecked as I have the 1st straview box and 1570 gets me into EMU codes.

Any help wud be greatly appreciated

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Print this out, read it at least A FEW times before continuing.
    You can forget about EMU codes with the SV PVR it AU's (Auto Updates).

This is an updated version by me
    First, Very Important
    You may need to load the latest F/W (Firm Ware)v4.506 Oct it is in the 'eko.4shared' link below.
    To find your present Software version press Menu/System Setup/System Information. If it is not v4.506 goto the link at the end of this post, download and install it before continuing.

SECOND
    Then make sure you are plugged into the correct socket at the back (one of the four together) marked up. NOT the antenna socket. The manual is wrong.

THIRD
    Before doing a scan Goto Menu / Installation and make sure the (Cable Network Option) top item is set to your local provider if not correct it by using the right / Left arrow keys on your remote, then move down to Autoscan and wait till it has finished scanning.

Fourth
    If channels are not clearing after a scan goto Menu / System Setup / (Press OK) when the Parental Control line in yellow is highlighted then press i then 2007, this should take you the the Cas System Menu. (You may need try this a few times to get your key press timing correct on the remote control but this will get you into the Cas Syatem Menu) If you can't get onto the Cas System Menu screen then you are doing something wrong so re-read it and keep trying.

Fifth
    When you are on the Cas Menu Screen and with Nagravision 1,11 highlighted in Yellow Press OK, On the Provider ID Line select the same provider as earlier by using the left/right arrow buttons on remote then press the LAST (load default) button on your remote, then the OK button to (Store) wait for it to save then press exit, then make sure Autoupdate option is On (Bottom Item in Cas System Menu.) This is the equiv of the EMU, Exit out, Goto a scrambled channel and wait for update.

Goto the TheBox PVR Folder for F/W and Documentation Folder for How too's
    http://eko.4shared.com/
    jbvid

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008