1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHILIPS DVDR75 VOBtoVOB EDITING

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ]-[ybri]), Feb 9, 2004.

1. ]-[ybri])

]-[ybri]) Guest

Hi all,
    this is my first post ......
    i have a Sony trv22 DV camera witch i have made a lot of famliy Video's on, i have used the iLink to put all my films on to Dvd using the Philips DVDR75 but now what i want to do is edit the videos and i am using the trial version of Ulead Dvd Workshop 2.0, in the manuals it states it will play AC3/DolbyDitgal but i have no sound at all, basicaly all i want to do is edit a vob/Movie and make Nice Menus and have sound ... and put it back on to dvd .....
    PS or is there any other Programs
    like Ulead DvD Workshop 2.0 what i can
    try ........

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can use any High end Mpeg2 Video editor to edit Vob files, Like Mpeg2VCR is a Good one that will edit Mpeg2 files with AC3 audio (which is basicly what a VOB file is, Without the IFO and BUP files the Vob file is Just a Mpeg2 file) and then after editing in Mpeg2VCR you can just Import the Files into your DVD authoring Program to Create a DVD....

3. ]-[ybri])

]-[ybri]) Guest

Hi Minion,
    Thx For the reply
    I will try Mpeg2VCR
    this video stuff is all new to me and i have only started playing with vob files for only a month now
    :).....................:)

4. BIGJABA

BIGJABA Member

I did the same with Hi8 films which I copied on Philips DVD 75 writer. I edited the VOB with MPEG Video Wizard from Womble.com. This is excellent.

This is a broader version than MPEG2VCR.

5. ]-[ybri])

]-[ybri]) Guest

Hi BIGJABA
    yeah i will give that a try ..... :)
    i am now playing around with nerovision express 2 with the ac3/5.1 codecs ....