AfterDawn Forums

Using Folder2iso to generate ISO for DVD

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

Given a downloaded 7G DVD file which can be played on PC. When using Folder2iso v1.4 to generate ISO, I got a 4G ISO. I tried to burn this 4G ISO to DVD, and it turned out there are only 2.5 episodes while there are 9 in the 7G file.
How can I make it right to generate a 7G ISO out of a downloaded 7G DVD file. Shrink it (with DVD Shrink?) and burn it to a 4.7G DVD?
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Quote:
Given a downloaded 7G DVD file

Is it in a VIDEO_TS folder?

Looking for a new burner? Check here.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/
The reviews also help to determine which media gives the best results.
Yes it is. There are VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS in the folder. While AUDIO_TS is empty and all the files are in VIDEO_TS.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Oct 2008 @ 21:37
miltex Suspended due non-functional email address
Open with dvd shrink (orig folder, video ts) and use shrink to make an iso, burn iso to disc with imgburn

When the chips are down, you can count on miltex !

I tried using DVD shrink to open the original file, but it showed "VOB date error". I searched on the net and found that 7G original file could be a problem for DVD shrink and Folder2iso can be helpful.
I feel Folder2iso shows "All Done" while processing generating ISO only half done. It just stopped and showed "All Done".

Looking for a new burner? Check here.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/
The reviews also help to determine which media gives the best results.
WOW. What a great program FixVTS is!
After ran the file with FixVTS, it can be opened with DVD shrink. And no need to use Folder2iso.
Great! Thank you so very much MysticE.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.