AfterDawn Forums

Burning DVD Movie -- Choppy!!

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Hi guys

I have a copy of an AVI movie file, and I want to back it up onto a DVD+RW 4.7 GB disc.

When I burnt it (converted to DVD using WINAVI, burnt using nero express 8) , the first 15-20 mins came perfectly, then all of a sudden its starts getting choppy and eventually freezes and skips 4-5 scenes. I have to turn of the DVD, take out the disc, put it back in, and fast forward past the choppy/freezing part, then play from where it is good agian.

I should add that it comes choppy when playing in my DVD player, which DOES support DVD+/-RW

Why does this happen?

I also should mention that I've used the same DVD+RW disc for like 10 DVD's, i just re-formatted and then burnt another on it. Is this the reason?

I don't think it should be because I only had this problem once I tried to burn it on my new laptop. It was working fine on my family computer.

My laptop specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit
3 GB RAM
200 GB HDD
Intel Dual Core @ 1.86 GHz
DVD Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40N ATA Device

Hope this information helps!

Thanks
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Oct 2008 @ 15:40

Game Freak
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
What brand discs are you using?
Can I assume the avi plays fine before you convert it?
Try another program for conversion like DVD Flick.

i'm using memorex cd's.
and yes, the avi works PERFECTLY before i burn it.

Im pretty sure its not the converting software, becuase i used winAVI for like 10 previous projects and it worked perfectly. Could it be that i used a disc thats been formatted too many times?

Game Freak
You need better discs. Tayio Yuden, Verbatim or at least Sony.

99% of all problems are between the computer and the chair.
7thsinger Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by dialysis1:
You need better discs. Tayio Yuden, Verbatim or at least Sony.
Right on. Why do so many people overlook their blank media?

Use good quality blank media, get good quality burns. Simple. :)

Quote:
Could it be that i used a disc thats been formatted too many times?
Could be, they don't last forever.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.