1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC wont read UDF 2.5

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by 3dfella, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 3dfella

3dfella Member

All the guides for creating blu-ray from MKV state that the UDF format should be 2.50. These dont seem to be readable on PCS. Why is that?

2. AXT

AXT Guest

3. 3dfella

3dfella Member

Great post thanks. If XP doesnt handle UDF 2.5 Im assuming that Blu-ray then isnt UDF 2.5, as my XP machine can read Blu-ray disks fine. Why then do all the guides say burn as UDF 2.5? Is this solely for PS compatibility?

4. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

This may be late in the day to post a reply but i thought you should now, i had the same problem.

The UDF 2.5 driver does work and is needed with Windows XP to view the UDF file stucture on a disc, i couldn,t see anything on a dvd disc that was burned using the UDF 2.5 file structure until i installed the driver.

Download link:

http://files.digital-digest.com/dow...VDRom.UDF.Reader.v2.5.WindowsXP-BluePrint.rar

If you have a Toshiba dvd drive just follow the installation guide, if you do not have a Toshiba dvd drive you will have to install it like this:
    There is an easy way to "trick" installation of the Toshiba UDF2.5 driver on non Toshiba PCs.

1.) Unzip or unrar it.

2.) Start setup.

It will tell you, that you cannot install it on your non-Toshiba PC.
    DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX.

Navigate to your temp directory with explorer. You'll find a directory named like this: {1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

Enter it. You'll find two files:
    thdudf.inf and thdudf.sys

Right click thdudf.inf, select "Install".

Wait a while. Close the Message Box. Reboot.