1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Msi MOBO Sli Supported?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by yimmmy, Oct 16, 2008.

1. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

I was reading reviews on a new Msi mobo i am thinking about picking up ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130136 )
    In the review it said some on had a 9800gtx that they had on the board, i google'd this but i didnt find anything only places to buy it, On the mobo description it says its crossfire ready but im not a big fan on ATI. I would like to get this board But im not sure if its sli supported, so will some one fill me in?,
    Thanks

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

it is a crossfire only board. if you are building a gaming computer then intel would probably the better choice. why dont you like ati? their cards are really good right now.

3. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

Ehh , ive had nothing but trouble with ati in the past. Dead cards, bad support,Lack of drivers. idk , what do you mean by "there really good right now?
    yes i think intel would be better too, but i havnt worked with a phenom yet

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i meant "their" not "there". ati's cards are doing very well right now. the 4850 is faster than the 9800gtx and the 4870 is faster than the gtx 260. i cant find any good sli boards for amd. the one that i found had one x16 slot and one 8x slot. that means that you would not get the best performance. i would not go with a phenom just because you haven't had one before. would wither wait for the new deneb core to come out in December or get intel. from what i have heard deneb could improve performance up to 20%. so it might be worth it to wait for that if you want amd.