1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nokia n95 8 gb and garmin xt

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by 69hutch, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 69hutch

69hutch Member

have a nokia n95 8 gb and a genuine garmin xt sd card . can anybody tell me how i can get the xt on to the phone please

2. clonehell

clonehell Member

Hi Hutch,
    I have a N95 that I am running Garmin xt on, I think you have to put the card in your phone then browes yr files until u fing the garmin folder then open it and click on the installer if you cant do it via the phone do it on your computer.

3. lrg32

lrg32 Member

If you have the N95 8gb model, then there is no SD card slot so that wouldnt work.

Try dropping the contents of the Garmin SD card onto your computer, then running it from the computer to your phone. I have a N95 8gb and got Garmin working perfectly, the only issue I encountered was getting it to recognize my internal GPS. Its been so long since I did this that I completely forgot how I did everything, but I do remember that I battled this project for 2 days before I got it to work the way it should.

If it comes down to it, email Garmin from there site or do a google search because there is a specific way to do this. Though not terribly difficult, you do have to go step by step to get this fully working.

Good luck and sorry I couldnt be more help...