1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert Audacity aup file to mp3 file !

Discussion in 'Audio' started by goodson5, Oct 24, 2008.

1. goodson5

goodson5 Member

Step by step on how to do this please ! Done downloaded stuff like lame , audacity stuff but can't figure the way to convert aup to mp3 !Help me !

2. varnull

varnull Guest

It's a project file.. think you need to use the "load project" tab in audacity.. have a look at it then "export entire project as" or "export selection as" or even "export mulitple as" and pick your format.

Good wiki and guides for audacity.. but expecting people to RTFM first is obviously a bit much? ;)

3. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Gee varnull, I like it when you're crabby. Then you remind me of me.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Yup.. but seriously.. Why do software makers even bother putting a "help" tab on the menu bar? Is it there for entertainment or to take up some empty space?

Open source apps aren't like M$ pointless runaround help.. troubleshooter.. "do you want to waste 30 minutes, or just solve it yourself?"

[​IMG]

Why don't people look at the program before crying for help? Audacity is a little strange but it's made to work first and be easy and pretty second... like most open source programs.

5. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

"Why don't people look at the program before crying for help?" - varnull

One word: Lazy

6. varnull

varnull Guest

Yeah.. I hear that..

My dream.. For M$ to crash and burn tomorrow.. with a final forced update that kills windows everywhere forever.. One chance to download and burn a linux iso.. then bang.

Then all the lazy people would be thrust into linux world where the help consists of google, the docs with the program and the ultra helpful users forums replies of "RTFM dumba$$" ... heheheh ROFLMFAO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  7. Mez

Mez Active member

Tisc, tisc you bad boys!

I can see being soo confused you can't think every now and then. However, the Shrink forum has the same questions posted every day since it opened. I guess if you are confused you can't see that your questions were asked.

8. varnull

varnull Guest

Nah.. try that on a linux forum.. 3 stoopid and not looking posts gets you a ban or ignored by the rest of the community...

OP knows it's an audacity file so it's bloody obvious that you use audacity to do things with it. I hope the OP has gone away smarting because they will have learned something about open source applications.. The documentation is excellent IF they can be bothered to use it.

I'm happy to answer questions about certain features of the program if there is confusion about why something which seems like it should do such and such doesn't.. But I'm not duplicating the Audacity manual pointlessly copy/pasting for somebody too bone idle to read the provided docs... I have better things to do. We all have better things to do.. Nobody taught me to use a computer.. "Here is the on switch, there are the manuals.."(points at shelf full of dusty and heavy looking unix tomes) is all I got in 1978.

Spoonfed M$ users again... used to closed source proprietary "one click" applications that take thinking out of the loop... Audacity doesn't have a wizard, and better for it... ahhhh for the days of dumb terminal unix.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008