1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eurovox maxv wont communicate with pc

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by lessis34, Oct 30, 2008.

1. lessis34

lessis34 Member

iv,e bought a eurovoxmax v today and it wont scan for channels or communicate with the pc.it has peaa on the display screen and is currently installed with 23.03.08 firmware .Can anyone help as im not sure what else i can do.using a rs232 cable to connect to the pc.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

PEAA is a protection error message. It can sometimes be fixed with a reflash, but at times indicates a clone.

Please take a look at HiTeck's Guide and post back if you are still stuck.

3. lessis34

lessis34 Member

Thanks for replying to my thread,as stated in the original thread the box will not respond with pc .Also tried box to box s/w transfer but to no avail,never encountered this before so i think it is a clone.Do you think jtagging will sort out this problem?

4. malci

malci Guest

I think at this stage scOuser would agree that it is in your best interests to send the box back for a replacement or refund, you have only just bought it so it must be covered by warranty.

5. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Just my 2 pee's worth before you send it back, are you really sure you have a 'Null Modem Cable' and not a standard rs232 serial cable? (ie have you connected sucessfully with this rs232 lead before)? What about local m8's with null modem cables who have had success flashing?
    The Null modem cable only need 3 crossed wires internally and go from pin2 to pin 3, pin 3 to pin 2 and pin 5 to pin 5. You can check these with a meter or bulb and battery.
    jbvid

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  6. lessis34

lessis34 Member

hi, thanks for the advice received .i will send it back and get a refund or replacement.i will post the suppliers details if i encounter any problems with refund.

7. malci

malci Guest

That would be very helpful if you do have problems, but in the meantime best of luck and I hope that you do not have any problems, but you certainly don't need the hassle of fixing something bought as new and in good faith.