1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download YouTube Video

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by pedrojuan, Nov 2, 2008.

1. pedrojuan

pedrojuan Member

How Can I Download You Tube Video?

Thanks

2. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

3. yasaki

yasaki Guest

There are two free ways.
    You can download it on line via uncooked SPAM
    But this one sometimes doesn't work well.

Another one is a program called SPAM.
    This one looks more stable and safe.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  4. amaze122

amaze122 Member

I use realplay.exe to download not only YouTube, but Most videos that I find on the Internet. While you are viewing the video, an invitational prompt appears in the upper right hand corner of the video saying something like "download this video". Click on this, and the files are saved in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer Downloads. At least they are on My computer. The only ones that I have a problem with are Yahoo Music Videos (Used to be Launch.com) and some other sites that have a safeguard preventing you from downloading their content.

5. ulricburk

ulricburk Member

Dear Friend.

The prob. with the RealPlayer method is it is s l o w!! If you're using Firefox, download Video Helper. When you're on You Tube, you'll see the Video Helper symbol (looks a bit like a bunch of cherries) going round in full colour, as opposed to staying still in grey. Click on the little arrowhead beside the sign and click on the name/long number that pops up. That will save the video, in FLV format (easily convertible)

ulricburk

6. CheskaD

CheskaD Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
  7. varnull

varnull Guest

what a load of spam.. use firefox.. watch the film, find the firefox cache folder.. see all those files with long numbers and no extensions?.. look for time and date created and usually about 10 megs, and there will be your video.. rename it whatever.flv and vlc will play it. how easy is that?
    no addons, no spyware apps.. no messing about.. ff caches he video locally EVERY time without fail.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Jan, these dweebs want something much more complicated, time consuming, requiring a major expensive software purchase and an ancient prehistorical rite involving setting one's privates on fire with flaming alcoholic beverages. This method is foolproof and way too easy. Thanks anyway, you just made my kid's day with that one.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009