1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to PIP

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Alphred07, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Alphred07

Alphred07 Member

I wish to buy a LCD TV with the pip feature. I want to connect a PC to the PIP part and as I watch TV, I can cruise the internet at the same time.
    My problem is I haven't been able to locate a LCD with PIP that will allow this configuration and I haven't a clue as how I can make my PC to PIP work.

Is there anyone who knows how I can make my dream come true?

2. ugc

ugc Regular member

it will be cheaper to find a TV with PIP built in. I believe. If you just have to have PIP, you can buy a SWITCHER/SCALER w/PIP, but most of them I have seen that are a good product cost too much just for the PIP ability.

3. Alphred07

Alphred07 Member

If I purchased a LCD with digital PIP, will I be able to read the screen as if it was a computer's monitor? Will I need any special equipment?

PC to PIP.

Can I use the PIP as a monitor?

4. ugc

ugc Regular member

the hook up should be easy, so long as the "output" connection of the PC matches the "input" connection on the TV. But...

In my experience with this, I don't think you would be happy with PIP watching something and working on the computer at the same time.
    I had a 65in TV with PIP, and I could show both at the same time (which I could barely read the computer screen), or I could use one screen input as an overlay on the other. That didn't work out well either, because to see the computer, I made it the primary (showed full screen on the TV), and used the TV show as the overlay (showed about a quarter in size). Here is the problem, even though I can move the overlay picture, it still would be in the way of the viewing area for the PC picture. Hence, I didn't use it much. Only to monitor if a program was finished installing or if a recode of a movie was done.

5. Boothbay

Boothbay Member

You would be better off by getting a TV tuner card. They are very inexpensive these days...you could watch TV as you surf the web. Better than the PIP format and a lot cheaper.