AfterDawn Forums

Uninstalling Cyber Patrol

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

Is there a safe way to uninstall Cyber Patrol? The version on my PC is 7.6. I heard by using the "Add and Remove Programs" option to remove Cyber Patrol causes quite a deal of problems. I don't know how this program got into my PC (probably a prank from someone) but it is disabling my internet connection and it annoys the hell out of me. Any suggestions?
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
im no computer expert but it sounds like to me that a website installed it on your computer without your consent...Now for your problem if you cant uninstall it via add/remove programs because it causes errors than just uninstalling it via the start panel may cause the same problem.
which leaves us one option...
*Step1: Hit start Button go to My Computer

*Step2: Open up Local Disk (c:)

*Step3: Then Open up Program Files

*Step4: Next Scroll through the list of Programs until you see the folder named (Cyber Patrol) and Delete the Sucker

*Step5: Use a Registry Cleaner to finish up the little things left behind by the little bugger...

Also try using Firefox it wont let any websites install programs on your computer without your consent...
To download Firefox go Here

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (2.66Ghz)
RAM: 512Mb DDR
Graphics: 64Mb Ati Radeon 7200 Series
HDD: Seagate 30Gb
System: Windows XP Home SP2
Hi DivineNeo

Please read here:
http://www.cyberpatrol.com/uninstall4.asp

And iSApache, bad advice given. Read here:

Originally posted by CyberPatrol:
CyberPatrol is a security program and failure to uninstall the program as directed below will result in lost Internet access. To remove the program you must use the Uninstall option within the CyberPatrol program. Please do not attempt to delete files you consider are associated with CyberPatrol. If you experience difficulties with uninstalling, please contact the CyberPatrol Technical Support team.
Best Regards :D

Life is but a dream; you dont feel any pain unless you want to or you fall off the bed.
Success is relative; the more success the more relatives.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
To be or not to be; thats a dumb question.

Revo Uninstaller:

http://www.download.com/Revo-Uninstaller...cdlPid=10892747

Set to option number 4. Removes everything.
Will going to the command prompt, then typing in "netsh winsock reset catalogue" work? That was suggested to me, I heard that Revo Uninstaller also does the job, but will this work on version 7.6?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.