1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP35E boot issue

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by redZoneOS, Nov 18, 2008.

1. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

problem: I press power button, everything looks good, I get a short single beep for successful POST... and then the computer just locks at the ABIT logo that says "press tab to show post screen, del to enter setup"

I can't go into BIOS or anything, it just freezes after the POST beep.

I have tried to clear CMOS, but strangely I don't get the "checksum" error thing you usually get after clearing the CMOS.

Possible problem?? suggestions are much appreciated!

***The computer was working right before I rebooted after a vista media center tv pack update...since then I have not been able to do anything... I can't see why an OS update like this would cause me to not get into the BIOS but I thought I would mention it...

2. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

nevermind i solved my own problem... guess i should have tried it before posting.

Anyway, if someone is curious... after installing the media center TV Pack update, for some reason my tv tuner (visiontek hd 650 pcie) failed to be recognized...

So I took the TV tuner out, and the computer booted fine... once vista ultimate started loading, it completed step 3 of 3 for the tv pack update....

I shut down after the installation was COMPLETE... and then reinstalled my tv tuner... everything is peachy now.