1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the box super 3

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mattymay, Nov 18, 2008.

1. mattymay

mattymay Member

Can anybody help have got a starview3 and i cant get into the main menu screen because it is just decided that i have to put in a password to access it ive tried 0000 and any other 4 digits but still not able to access main menu any ideas anyone

2. DesB

DesB Regular member

try 1.5.7.0

3. malci

malci Guest

I see Des replied to you, but it would be nice if you came back and replied. When you say Main Menu screen, that is a little puzzling, you just press Menu - That is the MAIN menu, if you mean Secret Menu the Cas System Menu then as Des replied above!!! Now I think you should elaborate a little more when you post a query, for instance if it is asking you for a Pin Number whilst you are in the Main Menu trying access Channel Edit etc. then that is a different matter!!!!!!!! if so get back, excuse me Des.

4. mattymay

mattymay Member

hi des,thanks for replying.I will be a little more specific.When i press the menu button on my remote control it doenst bring up the menu screen it asks me for a password so i cant access any of the functions in the main menu screen ive tried pressing all sorts of numbers but nothing all i want to do is change the time on my box.

5. mattymay

mattymay Member

sorry i meant malci

6. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Try 1668.

7. mattymay

mattymay Member

thanks noelyf 1668 done the trick

Cheers

8. DesB

DesB Regular member

glad to wee your sorted matty.. thanks for the support Malci LMAO!!!

9. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

hi all
    absolutely stupid question, but a friends child has just reset to factory settings, does this mean that it has to be reflashed,if so any location for the correct files, and are the instructions on page 1 of this thread still the most valid. the box is not a machine that i have any knowledge of.emptyhell ireland dublin..
    thanks

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

factory reset is erase all channel data,scan ur provider and emu to on, will need more info as boxes differ.

11. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

what do you need, i have his box here, any help gratefully accepted. it is a genuine box 25x7 vents, looking from front the scart is on the right. enteehell dublin provider,

12. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

You just need to bring back in channels, like cactikid said factory default erases all channels, press menu, installation, check its on correct provider, in your cas N**, automatic scan when channels have been found, exit back, press menu again 1570 on control and down to emu and switch on exit back and you should be sorted.

13. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

thanks antoinette,
    its good to see you can save me on this as well as the replay thread, im sorry but i didnt understand as i know nothing about this box as it is a friends sons.
    thanks a million
    wheelo

14. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

Glad its helped wheelo, BTW word of warning don't multipost, you'll get in trouble, its a no no on Afterdawn. ;-)

15. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

yeah i noticed that i was busted and felt naughty, but i honestly didnt know that it was a no no , i presumed that each thread was completely independent, i wanted an answer, and you know kids....pester pester. anyway , my apologies.
    wheelo

16. malci

malci Guest

That's fine Des LOL knew exactly what it/he was wanting, I reckon a little bit of clarity and courtesy goes a long way.!!!!

Yep matty, nice to see you got back with the specific query, you would have had that sorted right after your original post mate. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  17. DesB

DesB Regular member

Evening Malci... Quite around here tonight.. think most of the lads are off down the battle cruiser watching the football... we are currently losing 2 nil against the Polish!!

18. hill16

hill16 Regular member

hi everyone, it has been sometime since i have been on here i am wondering if someone can advice me ,have been told about a new box the box pvr is it any good and will it work on n@l dublin does it do what it says on the tin thanks in advance

19. malci

malci Guest

Think you might mean The Box Super USB (As the Box PVR is not new), yes it does and if you are on cable again yes it does. Check in Eamo's FTA Library for more information/firmware/guide or have a look at the link marked Starview at the bottom for more flashing etc.

Evening Des just in and out - talk soon ;)

20. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

hi all,
    i got some advice off anto earlier about a box that was reset to factory settings, she told me to go to menu,installations,do a autoscan etc. but when the box searches the 24 little bands the screen reads info 0 channels found, anyone stil awake to give me a dig out, i am now at home with it set up and computer at the ready
    thanks wheelo