1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvdlab pro 2 freeze during plyaback

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by VTRUONG, Nov 21, 2008.

1. VTRUONG

VTRUONG Member

Hi all,
    The Maxell or Memorex DVD-R disk plays backs normal on my Pioneer DVD player DVR-233. However, it occasional freezes on my Citizen C802DVD DVD player.
    I have no idea what is the problem and how to fix it.
    Any one have the same problem? The images freeze on some of the DVD player?

2. onya

onya Guest

Leaving aside the standalone player issue just for a moment, the reason you're getting skipz/jumpz/freezez is due to two main items.
    Firstly there is the quality of the blank media (discs) that you have. Without being too critical..dump the ones you got and get Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. High quality, well regarded and worth the extra few pennies per disc.
    The second reason is burning at high speed. Only burn any disc at half it's rated speed.

Lastly we come to the standalone player issue. This is somewhat harder to define however. Some older players simply cannot recognise newer tech discs, or perhaps the pick-up lens is filthy.. It could be as simple as that. You increase your chances of playability with good discs that are burnt correctly, and by booktyping a DVD+R to a ROM. The term Booktype is a topic on it's own and your dvd burner drive needs to support this feature. please note! Not all optical drives support this... my pioneer for instance does not.... :(

Hope this helps out some. :)

3. VTRUONG

VTRUONG Member

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I will get the Verbatim disk. I wonder that do Verbatim provides printable dvd disk. How about the quality of TDK disks that I got from Costco?

4. onya

onya Guest

TDK's? 16X? *screams* No thankyou. Awful stuff. Set your sights a little higher. Verbatim do have printables also.