1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eac3to gui help please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Blessedon, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

I have read some guides at (ahem) a couple other forums, but command lines are not for me...too stupid I suppose. So I got the gui here, loaded it, pointed it at the .exe file, but for the life of me I don't know what to do now.
    All I want to do is load the "movie only" from my discs and convert them to ISOs.
    Am I supposed to;
    load the audio file from the disc first, the run it through eac3to, then use tsmuxer to mux the resulting ac3 and the video?
    Maybe my problem is that I'm not sure what the purpose of eac3to is...why I need it.
    HELP

2. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

Actually, using tsremux has proven to be invaluable in my quest to save hardrive space and to ease the access to the media I have stored. It allows the user to extract only the desired titles, and strip away any unneeded or unwanted streams. By clicking only the checkboxes at the left, tsremux will re-encode a new blu-ray compatible MPEG stream recognizable to PowerDVD, with only the audio or subtitles desired. It plays with the same 1080i quality.
    I couldn't be happier!
    Thanks to everyone for their interest. Oh, by the way, I don't think I will need the original question about eac3to answered. I believe I will just play with it a little using the available guides and see what comes out. I'll report back here whatever I learn.
    Thanks again.

3. idsigloo

idsigloo Member

So you're trying to create a Blu-Ray image of just the movie and nothing else?

4. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

That's right.

5. idsigloo

idsigloo Member

I've never done it before, but I believe you can load up the .m2ts file from the blu-ray into tsMuxeR, choose the streams and demux them. Then select those different streams and load them back into tsMuxeR once again and do a .m2ts mux on just those 3 streams. Then burn a blu-ray disk using those that new .m2ts file.

Like I said, I've never done it. But it sounds like it would work for what you're doing.

6. idsigloo

idsigloo Member

tsMuxeR is a GUI and probably easier to use then the CLI eac3to.
    Also, I said 3 streams if you were going to have subtitle.

7. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

once u load the .m2ts file and u can choose create bd-structure u don't have to re-do it as far as i know

8. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

That is correct djkrishna. If one wished, one could simply take the demuxed streams and make an ISO out of them with imgburn.