AfterDawn Forums

device buffer on imgburn

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

so i am ripping/copying/burning or whatever you call it, backing up my dvd collection and i have noticed something.

on imgburn the device buffer bar thing jumps anywhere between 12-100 percent.

when i first started using imgburn it was full 100 percent device buffer and now it is jumping all over the place.

what is going on here? is this normal?

and yes i have ran disk clean up and defrag and still jumping.

please and thank your

bigman77
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
You could be having issues with your DMA. See if this LINK helps.

will it still burns the dvd

would i need to do this dma thing at all?

and is it just me or does some of the pictures not load(red x on white box)?
okay should of looked at dma then posted, checked al ide blah blah blah channels and all say dma

now i was wondering why this is still happening, i have noticed for some reason that my Sonic digital media software burn application is always locking my dvd drive so i ran a program to see what was doing this and found out that a DMASceduler.exe is always locking the drive and i have to end that process before i can write. now knowing this, it was the same time that my device buffer percent bar on imgburn started variate between 12-100 percent.

any ideas

please and thank you

bigman77
Sonic can take control of your drives and limit or even restrict access to them. I would get rid of Sonic altogether and strictly use ImgBurn.

how would i go about backing up the sonic program on a windowsxp?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.