AfterDawn Forums

Automated Xbins downloader

This discussion thread has 11 messages.

Hi everyone:

The "Textbook 2008 - Hacking the Xbox 360 for Noobs" says,
Quote:
If you have never used Xbins before, the easiest method is to use Ground Zero’s automated Xbins downloader.
That gives the link that is bad. Can someone tell me where can I download this "automated Xbins downloader"?
▼▼ This topic has 10 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
here

just click on 5_xbins.exe.

I have lost all and any respect i had for this site!
If you can't get auto xbin downloaders to work use mIRC its free to use,and not hard at all to learn.In fact I would recommend using it instead.

...........................:SiG cReAtEd By Phantom69:............................
Originally posted by fudpucker:
here

just click on 5_xbins.exe.
thankyou that helped me out no end too :)

A closed mouth gathers no foot
A closed brain gathers no knowledge
Yeah, thanks! 5_xbins.exe seems to work much faster than previous xbins :)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Nov 2008 @ 15:45
could someone pin this please

A closed mouth gathers no foot
A closed brain gathers no knowledge
Sorry to bring up a semi-old thread, but I am not able to xbins. I'm using the 5_xbins.exe mentioned above. It starts up and gets to "Connecting to distribution.xbins.org ..." then tells me "Unable to connect".

Any other suggestions? TIA!
Originally posted by y2kyu:
Sorry to bring up a semi-old thread, but I am not able to xbins. I'm using the 5_xbins.exe mentioned above. It starts up and gets to "Connecting to distribution.xbins.org ..." then tells me "Unable to connect".

Any other suggestions? TIA!
This should help you:

http://360mods.net/index.php?name=Downloads&get=29
same link as i posted above.

I have lost all and any respect i had for this site!
Guess I'm a NOOB:

I am trying to download the flash file for my Xbox 360. I have been reading this and other threads to find out how to do it. According to the subscribers here all I need is Ground Zero automated Xbins downloader. I have downloaded 2 versions of this app. One is the GUI that Ground Zero says is a one click connect and the other is the command line interface. I have not been able to get either of these apps to connect, they just sit there and say 'connection failed' or 'connecting to xbins, please be patient', respectively. Both apps say these statements over and over for 2 hours each. I cannot seem to be able to install the GUI, I have to run the exe file every time I want to open the file, maybe this is the problem. I have made sure that my firewall is disabled.

I have also installed mIRC which one of the subscribers to this thread says is free. I seems to be connecting but says that I am not registered. When I try to register it says I need to pay 20 dollars, maybe I am not installing properly to use for free. Please help. It also says my nickname is being used but when I subscribed it accepted my first and second nicknames.
Go to 360mods.net and look for Xbins (it might be on the front page).
Here's the link for now:
http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=Do...e=details&id=29

Before running it make sure that your third-party anti-virus/firewall program (stuff like Norton, Macafee, etc.) know about you running Xbins because they may block it as well. There's no uniform way to do it, but the sure way would be to probably disable them.

Also in XP go to Control Panel -> Windows Firewall and make sure that if it's ON, the "Don't allow exceptions" box is not checked. Then switch to Exceptions tab and see if xbins is in the list and is checked. If not, you can add it there. As for Vista, I'm not using that piece of crap, so it might have some of it's own issues.

This one-click xbins from 360mods should do just that -- open after one click. What you'll see first is a command-type window that should do some connecting for maybe half a minute and then a GUI app should open up. When ready you should see files in one of the panes, which you'll be able to browse thru and drag onto your PC.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 May 2009 @ 15:07
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.