1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginning of the END - We are all DOOMED - we might have to start paying for channels!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bahco, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bahco

bahco Regular member

Well................all the evidence points to the Cable Companies making a massive effort to stamp out the unauthorised boxes!

It can not be a co-incidence that they have found a way to disable the Auto Update and changing the keys twice (and more) daily.

Obviously new tactics to disrupt and annoy any "freeviewers" and anyone who thinks this will go away is an idiot!

There is a software fix available already which is updating codes but the Cable Companies will sting the line again and put paid to it. I really can't see people flashing their boxes weekly and if they keep up this pressure, they will succeed in stamping out these boxes.

Sorry to be negative but the happy times are OVER!

2. Deano1882

Deano1882 Member

It's not over at all... the new firmware should be fine!

3. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

wat about the actual boxes from the cable companies, which uses cards, i heard som of these are chipped, they seem to be working

4. bahco

bahco Regular member

It will be fine for a few days but WILL BE DISABLED BY THE CABLE COMPANY!

Look forward to keep flashing your boxes!

5. Airz

Airz Guest

Love reading posts by clowns !!!

If you've had your box for a number of years you would realise that this is at least a 6 monthly occurance - or at least to the best of my knowledge for past few years it has been.

Sick of reading posts from people saying stupid things like 'ITS ALL OVER' - 'OUR BOXES ARE GOING TO BE DISABLED' etc etc....

This forum should be allowed 1 thread only - 1 where people help and dont whinge or scare-monger !!

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

How many of these doomsday threads do we need ?

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

they are not disabling the auto update, what has happened is the ECM (the stream within the cable signal that holds the information to store the key to decode the channel) has changed the what the key code is detected by the CAM/EMU (software emulation of the physical card you get in a legit cable box) therefore the CAM/EMU is unable to detect the new key roll and hence you dont get the channel

the firmware will fix this by working out the new method of the key roll

only way VM can kill all box;s is to move to Nagra 3 (currently using Nagra 1 - they could move to Nagra 2 but that has been cracked)

if they were to move to Nagra 2 or 3 then all the legit boxs will need to be replaced and that aint going to be cheap.

8. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Yes, I agree with you Airz all bullshit and scaremongery, the clever guys will allways outrun and beat VM what ever they do as its a hobby and challenge to beat it. I am also in the Satellite scene and code changing and encryption changes have been going on for years but they always get hacked in time.
    jbvid

9. bahco

bahco Regular member

I think B & Q will be selling a lot of paint all over the country in the next few weeks as people will be painting their Eurovoxes etc the same colour as their living room and using it as a DOORSTOP!

Take your heads out of the sand and look at the reality!

We shall see.

10. pups

pups Member

This guy is value for money aint he?!!!!

11. DesB

DesB Regular member

Its happened before and it was fixed!!!
    [​IMG]
    Dont be worrying!! LOL

12. millerlfc

millerlfc Member

hey alls i can say my brothers has got virgin box chipped its still working ressesion goin on got to make money back zappin these days virgin but u no how clever ppl on these sites sorting firware out we will be back soon lol

13. pippincp

pippincp Regular member

As I am a painter & decorator does this mean I'll be getting more work in??

This is the type of post I'd expect from a newbie!

14. malci

malci Guest

Doom merchants, behave it's nothing new them ripping apart the firmware, the only difference now is as Zappp has explained they have made a good job of it for the moment, good on them. When the fix's are all out they will obviously start all over again, but to do the job properly is not at the moment anyway, cost effective, again as zappp has pointed out, so relax.

15. topcat96

topcat96 Regular member

Oh my cable box is going to get fried ... oh woe is me ... whatever will I do???

Taxi for the OP scaremongering gimp !!!

[​IMG]

16. TheRuckas

TheRuckas Member

Maybe I shouldn't say this but Santa is not real and we are all going to die soon due to a massive Apocalypse.

17. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

what is this nagra 1, 2 and 3?? are they different satalites or something? does sky use nagra 3 hence why sky aint been cracked??

18. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

Nagravision
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

{Unreferenced|date=June 2008}} Nagravision is a company of the Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) that develops conditional access systems for cable and satellite television. The name is also used for their main products, the Nagravision encryption systems.

[edit] Digital systems

Three versions of Nagravision are in common use for digital satellite television, known as Nagravision, Nagravision Cardmagedon, and Nagravision Aladin. Nagravision Cardmagedon and Aladin are often confused with each other. Nagravision Cardmagedon is however, a complicated combination of Nagravision Aladin and Mediaguard SECA 2 encryption.

The decryption unit is either integrated into a receiver, available as a conditional access module (CAM), or as one of many encryption schemes supported on a CAM emulator.

Nagravision has been adopted all over the world as a conditional access system, with providers like Virgin Media in the UK and Dream Satellite TV Philippines (on Nagravision 1), Polsat of Poland, Digital+ Spain (now on Nagravision 3), TV Cabo Portugal, Premiere Germany (now on Nagravision 3), Digi TV Romania, Bell TV and Look Communications Canada and Dish Network USA (On Nagravision A).

Digital+ and Top Up TV are the only providers using Nagravision Cardmagedon (and also Nagravision Aladin) after its adoption in March 2005 and 2008 respectively.

The original Nagravision 1 is now almost obsolete after it was originally compromised in 1999, although Dream Satellite maintain relative security by changing keys several times throughout the day, causing great inconvenience to unauthorized viewers.

The Nagravision Aladin providers have been confronting the issue of satellite signal piracy and smart card piracy, since the system was publicly compromised in summer 2005. At first, security of the system was regained, with software revisions, manipulation of the Nagravision encryption algorithm, along with the phasing out of older cards, like the ROM101, ROM102, ROM103 in USA and ROM110,ROM120,ROM130 in Europe, in favour of the newer ROM142/ROM180.

Card hackers have, however, continued to compromise the encryption system, with continued software and key releases being made available to the public. Software emulation of the Nagravision system has been implemented in many Free-To-Air Satellite receivers, allowing unauthorised viewing to those who do not own an official card.[citation needed]. As of the summer of 2008, the next version of Nagravision, nagra3, has not yet been compromised.

19. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

nagra 1, 2 3 are encryption methods can be used on satellite or cable signal - nagra 1 and 2 has been cracked, Nagra 3 to be understanding hasn ot

Sky use VideoCrypt otherwise known as NDS - Videocrypt was developed by NDS which is owned by Rupert Murdoch who we know owns Sky

20. bahco

bahco Regular member

Thanks for the replies. I shall ignore the unhelpful posts by the resident forum clowns who cannot contribute anything except abuse.

I am still not convinced........... What is to stop the cable companies rolling the keys several times a day as we have all seen?

Also if the Auto update can be disabled, it can be done regularly.

Not being negative but these are new tactics which they are determined to see through and put these boxes out of business.

I will listen to any constructive comments / arguments. Previous abusers need not apply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.