1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC to PAL

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BauerCTU, Feb 20, 2004.

1. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

i ve just backed up my NTSC dvd to me HD using DVD Shrink but i want to know can i change these DVD files from NTSC to PAL ?

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

type

ntsc to pal in the search option at the top of the screen and watch what happens theres alot of threads already that will explain this for you
    DaOsT

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

And the most obvious answer is this: In 99% of cases, there's no need to convert the NTSC to PAL, as virtually all DVD players in Europe can play NTSC using "PAL-60" and virtually all TVs can output it correctly in Europe.

4. BauerCTU

BauerCTU Guest

well i ask as my tv will accept NTSC but the tv in my mums house where the backup will be kept does not

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ah, OK then, I recommend you click the "Search messages" button above and start browsing through, as this has been asked several times previously and if I remember correctly, at least couple of times there's been a decent answer as well.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah and for some reason its just the poor NTSC users that cant convert to PAL on their players. We get the last laughs....