AfterDawn Forums

wii update

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

today i bought a wii point card for my little girl and tonight i was going to take an update since she hasn;t play this simce sept.
and on the screen it says by takinf this update it could render my machine useless i calle and they told me it has to do with modd chips.
i have a modd chip in the one i have but don't kow which kind any way i around this update my little girl was hoping to buy game from their site.
and i'm not sure what to do only take the card back.
thx
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
It is ok to update if you have a modchip in your wii. The updates only affect homebrew.

Probably would be a good thing to find out what modchip you do have

I have the wiikey 2 and my daughter just went online last night and used her points card.

a nice little faq by penguin98 should help you out or to assure you.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/699916#4257863

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB
hey smokeyrain
thx for the info
here is what i have from intering the serial # of the wii

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.
so i'm guessing i'm safe
tried the update and gives an error code 32007
Originally posted by jlo_jlo:
hey smokeyrain
thx for the info
here is what i have from intering the serial # of the wii

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.
so i'm guessing i'm safe
Ok that still doesn't tell what modchip you have, just what drive chip your wii is.
That site can tell you what possible modchip could be in it.

As to your error code 32007, that is most likely your internet settings or router issue.

You can try this:
Firstly if you have Internet channel start it then go settings , delete cookies then close.Easy enough so far??

Ok here we go, follow as listed to update your Wii without incurring 32007 error.

1. Goto Wii options.
2. Select Wii settings.
3. Goto Wii system settings 2.
4. Select internet.
5. Select connection settings.
6. Select your internet connection PROBALLY CONNECTION 1.
7. Select use this connection.
8. Select back.
9. Select connection test.
10. Select ok.
11. Should see "testing connection"
12. Agree to update 61212 "yes"
13 "i accept"
14 Your Wii should now update and problem resolved!?? :
Hope this helps

If that doesn't work check here
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/routers/en_na/routerIndex.jsp

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB
sorry to post late, but it was my router and i fixed it and downloaded with no issues.
thx for the responses.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.