1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Enhancing?

Discussion in 'Digital video discussion for Linux users' started by ehamm13, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ehamm13

ehamm13 Regular member

I was wondering if there is a simple software that converts your video( i have it in DVD format, but it isn't good quality) to smooth out the pixels.
    Or in lamens terms: i would want the video quality as good as it is minimized on the screen to have the same resolution on a big screen.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

No such animal exists

3. ehamm13

ehamm13 Regular member

bahhhhhh!!!!!
    Ive seen some kind of software where you can enhance the resolution, but i want to try it before i buy it.
    Video Enhancer 1.09

4. varnull

varnull Guest

I'll save you the trouble... it's a ripoff.

Investigate image smoothing software.. (there is FOSS out there ..cinelerra/avidemux etc, but lots of high end video processing tools cost big money) you can take some of the blockyness off, but results are very variable.. Personally I think you should just rip at a proper dvd resolution and bitrate, and if you want to play dvd's on large screens then invest in a cheap upconverting dvd player.

Does your question have anything at all to do with linux video/multimedia work seeing as you instantly start naming a win-only ripoff program? I love the BS marketing spiel on the download location
    .. yeah.. I can do that with avidemux for free.. hahaha..
    Has anybody seen what a mess that turns fast action into??

video is the same as audio.. crap in-crap out XD

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008