AfterDawn Forums

I want a pic, In my AVI file icons!

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

I am new here.
been lurking for years.
looked at the FAQ's (got lost)
Posted in DVD RIP, after looking this is probably the best forum.
A friend gave me some flintstonse avi files.
each file has a pic. in the icon.
how was this done?
I se ImTOODvd ripper
I have ripped many dvd and IFO files to AVI
but the other day I ripped "trenity is till my name" Darned if there is not a picture in the icon!
HOW did this happen!
I can not make it happen again!
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I don't know about .avi file icons however there is a simply way to change the icon of any file. Simply right click on an icon and then click on the customize tab. In it you will find a button that says change icon and then just pic one! After, press apply and then o.k.
Thanks but you did not understand my question.
Maybe I did not make it clear.
1st) Yes I can right click on any file and change the icon.
Problem: This will change all icons in .AVI format and also not what I wish to do.

What I wish, is to have a still picture of the movie as my .AVI file
such as
Batman Dark Night. I want a still picture from that movie or the DVD cover as my icon for that .AVI file

Bambi same thing , I would like a picture from Bambi movie or the DVD cover of Bambi as the icon for that .AVI file

I will tinker with your idea. Maybe there is somthing so simple I am over looking.
I do this at work many times. some things are to simple . If that makes since. :o)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Dec 2008 @ 19:46
HOLLY CRAP!
I have been looking over this for SOOO.... long.
It was right there.
check box for , Cange the icon for this file only!!!!

I can scan the DVD covers , or SNAG IT (a image graber program I like to use) resize them and Have what I want.

Thanks for making me relook at the properties.
Much to happy to fell like a dumb ass right now.
I will do that later.
Thanks
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Dec 2008 @ 20:00
well... That kind of works.
I need to learn more about icons.
I can make a folder and put a pic on the folder.

but if I try and change the AVI file icon , I bump into problems.
I googled "make your own icons in XP"
I found
open pic in paint
open image , attributes
change to 32 x 32 pixels
save as .ico
not much space to work with there (sigh)

what do your avi fil icons look like?
mine look like a film section. like 1 inch by 1 inch but the middle is a black square.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.